TWENTY-FOUR

"Hey Hoseok, why have you been avoiding me? Because I know you've been avoiding me." Yoongi said when he'd finally caught Hoseok, having had to chase him around half the school. Hoseok looked at Yoongi nervously, his books clutched to his chest in a defence posture.

"I haven't been--"

"Hoseok, you and I both know that you've been avoiding me. You used to always be there, in your little stalker way, and now I have to go looking for you." Yoongi crossed his arms, frowning at Hoseok. Hoseok sighed and looked down, with his chin resting on the top of his pencil case.

"I didn't want to bother you. You were only hanging out with me because you felt bad for me, so I figured I'd stop hassling you." Hoseok said quietly, fidgeting slightly. "I'm fine with being a loner, honestly it's okay."

"When did I... Oh. You read my diary." Yoongi sighed, running a hand down his face as he shook his head. "Hoseok, I wrote those things ages ago. Did you even bother to check the date? I wrote those months ago and back then all I know about you was that you were a stalkerish boy who had a crush on me. And then I got to know you."

"You shouldn't lie. It's not nice to lie and make someone forgive when they just got used to hating you." Hoseok said as he rubbed his eye, trying to pretend that he wasn't really crying. "I want to trust you, but I just got over you and... I'm sorry."

Hoseok then ran off, and Yoongi let him go. He sighed as he watched the boy disappear down the corridor, silently cursing whoever had stolen his diary.

-

After seeing Hoseok run past him on the verge of tears, Namjoon quickly dropped what he was doing and followed him all the way back to the dorm. He'd attempted to call out to him once, but Hoseok just ignored him and kept running.

Dumping his books on the floor, Hoseok jumped on to the bed and messily wrapped the blanket around him, looking like a cocoon with two feet sticking out the bottom.

"Hoseok, what's the matter?" The 'cocoon' shook, but Hoseok didn't answer as Namjoon walked over to the bed. He sat down on the edge of the bed and placed a hand on what he assumed was part of Hoseok's body.

"You're touching my butt." Hoseok said, poking his head out from the blanket. Namjoon quickly withdrew his hand, placing it on his lap. Hoseok continued to stare at Namjoon before emerging a bit more from his blankets, wriggling a bit closer to him. "You're nice. Why are you so nice to me?"

Hoseok lay so his head was right near Namjoon's leg, his eyes closed as he sighed slowly. Namjoon tentatively reached out and touched Hoseok's hair, and when Hoseok didn't raise any kind of protest, gently began playing with his hair.

After managing to get a little bit of courage, Namjoon managed to mumble a small 'it's because I like you', before he instantly looked away and hoped Hoseok assumed he meant friendship. When he looked back, Hoseok was staring up at him. Namjoon withdrew his hand again.

"No, keep doing that, I like it." Namjoon managed to chuckle as he went back to playing with Hoseok's hair. "And I like you too. And I mean like like, not like like."

"Wait, so do you mean like like? Or like like?" Namjoon asked, mildly confused and not wanting to get his hopes up.

"Like like." Namjoon frowned.

"Is that like like or..." Namjoon trailed off as Hoseok huffed and sat up, still hugging the blanket around him. Hoseok frowned at Namjoon for a few seconds before leaning in and briefly kissing Namjoon on the lips.

"That like like." He said, searching Namjoon's face for any sign of rejection. He felt a small surge of hope when Namjoon smiled and suddenly hugged him. It took a second for Hoseok to hug back, but when he did he smiled softly into Namjoon's shoulder. "Thank you for being so nice to me."

"Anytime, Hoseok."

-

-

-