𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

four years later

even after the love of jahsehs life was gone, he would remember that he still had a piece of lucinda left with him

even after the love of jahsehs life was gone, he would remember that he still had a piece of lucinda left with him. he did need time alone, of course. cleo or aaron would keep xiorra once she became healthy enough to leave the hospital. everyone was upset or in a state of shock when they found out she was gone. jahseh didn't even get up to tell somebody, he just laid on her and cried until someone came in.

now four years has passed, today is xiorra's 4th birthday. january 26th, three days after his birthday.

jahseh

"dada, ion' wan' wear dat'." xiorra complained to me as i asked her what shirt she wanted to wear.

I tilted my head at her causing her to do the same, "what color you wanna wear, lil' girl?"

she pointed at my outfit with a smile on her face. "i wan' wear what dada wearing."

I had on a white woman-beater, blue chowder jeans, and white air force 1s. my now indigo dyed dreads were braided back.

"you don't have what i got but, i'll try my best so we can match." i sighed. we were already twenty minutes late to xiorra's birthday dinner at my moms house.

once I got her dressed and did the best I could with her hair, i wasted time and took pictures of xiorra and i.

walking inside the house, people instantly began to stare at us

"BIRTHDAY GIRL!" someone yelled out. xiorra looked around before stopping her gaze at stokeley. she let go of my hand, about to run off until i quickly scooped her up.

"don't run off without telling me."

stokeley went up to them, giving me a man hug then gave xiorra a hug.

we went to the room everyone was sitting at. i sat her down between me and my mother, cleo. cleo pinched xiorra's cheek as she smiled at her grandmother.

"damn, you look stressed out." dina pointed out. i gave her a slight smile, "you think? this girl is a handful."

"most girls are handfuls. you'll have to teach her about taking care of her hygiene, perio-"

"uh no, my momma can teach her that shit." i quickly shut her down. i wasn't planning on teacher her stuff like that because i didn't want to make a mistake.

dina shrugged and turned her attention to isaiah.

i felt xiorra lean her head on my arm causing me to smile. i could tell she was growing sleeping by how her breathing relaxed.

"why's birthday girl falling asleep?" cleo cooed at her.

danny sucked his teeth, "she love the camera jus' like her father, watch." he says, pulling out his phone.

xiorra saw the camera and quickly smiled.

xiorra soon realized that she was tricked and turned her head the other way, "thop it

xiorra soon realized that she was tricked and turned her head the other way, "thop it." she covered her face.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! WE LOVE YOU WE DO." everybody sung to xiorra.

she sat in her big girl seat awkwardly, looking around at everyone making me smile at her.after everyone took pictures and videos of xiorra, they got cake or got some for when they get home.

i never liked strawberry cake so i let xiorra have my piece. she smiled at me and turned her attention to the gifts people were stacking on the table. she reminds me of lucinda every single day.

i watched as she pulled out multiple my little pony toys and money. she would slide it over to me and let me 'test it out', shit was lowkey fun.

"xiorra, stay still!" isaiah said out loud, trying to get a good picture of her. she continued to move around until a flash went off.

isaiah sucked his teeth, "this your kid." he says as he showed me the picture.

" he says as he showed me the picture

"of course she is." i shrugged.

picking up my phone, i let xiorra play with her cousins while i replied to different emails and dms.

it was now nighttime and xiorra was complaining about leaving. she had too much fun, i know she's tired.

"grandma kept you too many times, let her take a break."

"i am gamma' peace and quiet!" she argued back.

"you really about to let yo' FATHER go home by HIMSELF in a EMPTY house? wow. it really do be your own sperm cells." i shook my head.

she itches her head before grabbing my hand, "maybe necks time when you- when you have dat' white girlie over." xiorra talks to herself as we walked to the car.

"you're talking about taylor?"

"yes her. her waffles are nasty but she's nice so dats' okay. like yo' grits are nasty."

i laughed all the way back home because this girl said anything that came to mind.

the only thing that was missing was lucinda.

***

TY FOR PICKING THIS BOOK AND HAVING THE TIME OUT OF YOUR DAY TO READ IT.

luv u guths 👁👄👁

yeah so anyways, this book done! go read my other books if u haven't lol 🙈💅🏽

🎉 You've finished reading 覚えている | 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝.// XXXTENTACION ! 🎉