Meet the Moores

Virgil's P.O.V

I slowly sat up from a peaceful sleep. My arm hurt less but my emotions messed up and stuff.

Logan was still asleep next to me. He looked so cute and peaceful when he was asleep even with his glasses off he looked so at ease.

Too bad I can never be at ease. I got out of bed and attempted to take a shower without getting my cast wet. When I got out I put on black ripped jeans, a purple shirt, my hoodie, and black converse shoes.

Today was absolutely not a 'dress to impress' day. It was more like 'try not to stand out' day. I sigh and walk downstairs carefully to see my mom, Elizabeth making breakfast.

"Good Morning, sweetie! How did you sleep? Does your arm feel better?" She asks the last question with a small frown. "Well I did sleep well for once and yeah my arm kinda feels better." I say and sit down at the table.

She nods and continues cooking. "Ya know, when I was your age I went to prom." Mom smiled. I rolled my eyes. "I am not going to prom. Besides, I wouldn't even know who to go with." I reply and flop my head on the table. "You don't have to decide who you want to go with right now but please go. And if things get awkward I can pick you up." She said comfortingly.

"Okay, fine. I'll consider it." I groaned. And she clapped her hands excitedly. "But I'll have to make it to the end of the year first."

"Will you be attending the spring dance? It's in three more weeks." Logan asked me as he came into the kitchen in his usual attire. "I don't know. Maybe." I said in an unsure tone.

I would have said no but if Logan had plans to ask me then I wouldn't wanna ruin his plans. "I may not go. I'll probably just stay home." Logan replied.

Wait, what?! "Wait if you're not going we can just go to the diner together and maybe invite some friends." I say. "That sounds ideal." He replies.

My mom giggles. "Here's breakfast!" She put pancakes on the table and when we finished we walked to school together.

He didn't talk about the kiss. I'm guessing he just is gonna act like nothing happened. That's fair.

~Skip to lunchtime~

I walk towards a vacant table and sit down.

I only wanted chocolate milk so that's what I got.

Lots of people were looking at me and whispering to each other. I sank down in my seat. Maybe I should've eaten outside.

Some gave me fearful looks. Others gave me looks of disgust. Almost everyone had a newspaper in front of them. I got up and grabbed one of the school newspapers and sat back down. I was about to read it when somebody slapped it out of my hand, grabbed my wrist, and rushed me out of the cafeteria.

"Hey! Let go of me!" I yelled and yanked my wrist away. We were in the back of the school alone. It was Roman.

"Well sorry for saving you!" He said dramatically. "Saving me from what?" I asked and looked up at him. "You don't wanna know."

Well if it's about me I obviously wanna know but I just kept my mouth shut. "Thank you?" I shrug. He responds, "You're welcome."

It was silent for a couple of minutes. "Is it true? Did you actually sleep with Logan, Dolos, and Emile?" He asks me. "WHAT!? NO! I'M A VIRGIN! AND EMILE IS MY COUSIN-" The color drained out of my face. "That's what the newspaper is about isn't it?" I ask. "Well...kinda..?" Roman says.

"What do you mean 'kinda'?" I ask. "Only have of it is about that." Roman sighs and I visibly tense up. "W-what's the other half about?"

Roman scratches the back of his neck and looks at the ground then the sky. "Roman...what's the other half about." I ask a little more urgently. "That you murdered your brother."

My breathing comes to a sudden stop.

I didn't kill him. I watched Thomas get kidnapped. I couldn't tell anyone for the fear of them killing me. I am so selfish and he's probably dead. My family never talks about him but some people still know about him.

I didn't realize I was crying till Roman asked, "Are you okay." I nodded and wiped my tears. "I-I didn't kill him. H-he was kidnapped. Who is writing these stories?" I ask.

"Some dirt bag named Remy." Roman growled at the name. 

"No. That can't be true. He's my friend." I gasped. "The same friend that also told you that Dolos was dating your cousin? It's all in the paper." Roman shook his head angrily.

I ran to the teachers break room.

Dolos was threatening Remy. "Listen here, you jealous bastard. Leave Virgil alone or I will make your life a living hell." Dolos growled. Remy laughed and said, "It's actually quiet the opposite. With one newspaper I can ruin your life and by the looks of it, I already have."

"Why are you doing this?" I ask him and both of them turn to look at me. Remy smirked. "Because, darling, my papers are getting boring and your life seems awful already so why not make it worse." He laughed.

I nodded. "But know this, Remy, I have more information of your sad little life than you have of mine. If you don't want the truth coming into the light then I suggested you stop the rumors." I turn and walk away feeling satisfied with myself but I still had to deal with people giving me weird looks for the rest of the day.

After school I told my moms I would be spending the night at Emile's house. I packed my bag and walked there. I knocked on the door.

Emile rushed to the door and opened it. The happy look on his face turned to one of guilt.

"Hey...Virgil." He said nervously. I smiled. "Hey Emile! I was wondering if I could spend the night." "Uh, yeah, sure!" Emile says shocked. "Thanks!"

I walk inside and put my bag down next to the couch. I walk to the bathroom and put on my pajamas. Black night shorts, a purple short sleeve shirt, and purple knee high socks. 

When I walk out I sit next to Emile on the couch. He was watching Steven Universe. 

"Sorry for kissing Dolos when you were dating him." Emile sighed. "It's okay. I forgive you.I open my arms for a hug and Emile gladly accepts.

We fall asleep cuddling.