Heart Break Café

Roman's P.O.V

The field trip started off okay, but then it slowly started going down hill...

We were going on a field trip. Not just any field trip, though. A field trip to a cafe. On this field trip five people from our class would be waiters/waitresses the rest would be costumers. I don't know what the point of it was but at least we don't have to do work.

I got on the bus first picking a seat in the very back of the bus. Virgil sat next to me which made me happy. Sadly Dolos was sitting at the seat across from ours and I knew he would hog Virgil the whole time. Logan and Patton claimed the seat in front of ours.

When the bus started moving I attempted to talk with Virgil but he was having a conversation with Dolos as I predicted. So I just sighed and sat back in my seat and grumbled.

"I'm so glad my arm finally healed and I don't have to wear that stupid cast anymore." I heard Virgil. "Maybe it's not to late for you to tryout for cheer team." I suggested. Virgil turned to me and smiled. "Yeah, maybe you're right. Although everyone will be more advanced then I am so would have to practice really hard but I'm willing to put in the effort." Virgil ranted making me chuckle.

Dolos grumbled making me smirk in victory.

The rest of the bus ride was just Dolos and I fighting for Virgil's attention and I'm pretty sure I won but that's besides the point.

I walked off the bus with Virgil and it took every cell in my body not to hold his hand. It didn't work though. My hand brushed against his and my natural instincts took over. I held his hand. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Virgil's face turn pinkish red. I blushed as well.

"LAST ONE TO THE CAFE IS A ROTTEN EGG!!" Dolos yelled and everyone started running towards the cafe at full speed. I joined in letting go of Virgil's hand. "REALLY?!" Virgil yelled from behind me. I'm pretty sure he didn't start running. "SORRY!" I called back and ran inside the cafe where the other kids were trying to catch their breath.

Dolos' P.O.V

When Roman ran off I took the advantage and put my arm around Virgil's shoulder. "What a dork." I said and Virgil giggled. "In a cool kinda way." Virgil said making me roll my eyes and gag.

"I got picked to be waitress." He said holding up his paper. "Guess like you'll be cleaning up my mess." I said with a smirk. "Like always." Virgil replied with an eye roll. We got inside and Virgil got called to the back to put on his waitress uniform.

I sat at a table with some of my friends.

"Okay kids remember this is a learning experience! But Have fun all the same!!" Mrs.Carter exclaimed with a bright smile. Some kids clapped and some didn't I was one of the ones who didn't.

I saw the people who supposed to be waiters/waitresses come out. However I didn't see Virgil.

"Hello welcome to this uh- cafe. What can I get for you today sir?" A guy with glasses asked. "Where's Virgil?" I asked. "They got Virgil an extra small dress so he won't come out." The kid explained. I nodded and got up out of my booth seat.

I went to the backroom and saw Virgil sitting in the corner. He looked up at me. "O-oh, hey Dee.." He greeted and looked back down at his feet. "What's wrong?" I asked him in a gentle tone. Th-the dress they gave me is t-too short and I don't feel comfortable going o-out there with this on." He stuttered out.