Fight it out

Roman's POV

Virgil was out of town. He asked to go on a business trip with his parents so they could spend more time together. He wouldn't be back for another week but that's fine. Wanna know why it's fine? It's fine because me and Virgil left off on good terms unlike him and Dolos. That meant that I was winning.

A compition over who could win Virgil over sounded it like a terrible idea and it is. It will probably turn out in a raging dumpster fire but my happiness pushed those thoughts from my mind for the time being.

I sighed contently as I walked towards the school. I saw Logan in Patton in the hallway holding hands. Patton smiled and waved at me which caused Logan to look towards me too. I strolled over to them with a big dopey grin on my face. "You look happier than usual. Anything in particular you're smiling about? Or- Anyone?" Patton asked with a smirk. "Virgil." I replied simply.

"Virgil?" Logan asked curiously. "Virgil." I repeated. "Are you two on good terms again?" Logan asked. "Correct, nerd!" I answered and pulled my phone out of my pocket. "He even replied to my good morning text." I said showing Logan and Patton the text.

Prince Charming 👑: Good morning, my lovely damsel~

Vampire skin: It's too early for that shit

"Why do you have Virgil's contact saved as Vampire skin?" Patton asked. "It's self explanatory." I said and Logan nodded in agreement. "You also look happier, geek. What's got you so upbeat?" I asked raising an eyebrow. "The book fair starts today!" Patton answered for him. "Yes. They've got a variety of books from a variety of authors. More than last year." Logan explained. I rolled my eyes. "Classes are starting. I'll see you guys at lunch!" I said then dashed to first period.

I managed to stay awake until lunch. They were serving cheese burgers and the meat looked raw so I just plopped down at our usual lunch spot. "Not getting lunch?" Patton asked, sitting across from me. "No because the meet looks undercooked. I had a big breakfast anyway." I told him. "Well you can have one of my peanut butter and jelly sandwiches." He offered and I didn't hesitate to accept. Patton giggled as he watched me scarf the sandwich down in three bites.

"Stop eating so fast or you'll choke." Logan said in his same boring teacher voice and sat down next to Patton. "But it's soooooooo goooooooood." I whined and Patton giggled some more. "That's what he said." Dolos said walking by our lunch table. I had to admit that was smooth but I rolled my eyes anyway. Logan just shook his head and Patton looked confused.

FINALLY when school was over I called Virgil while walking outside. "What's up?" He asked. "Nothing. I just wanted to talk to you cause I missed you." I said. "Dork." Virgil said laughing a bit. I bumped into Dolos by accident and he shoved me a little bit. "Watch it." He hissed. "What was that?" Virgil asked and Dolos could hear him because he was on speaker. "Nothing." I said glaring at Dolos. "So he dodges my calls but not yours?" Dolos growled. "Yeah because unlike you I'm not a total dick." I replied and Dolos punched me causing me to drop my phone. Luckily it didn't break but I was still pissed.

I punched him right in his Jaw and he held his jaw before punching me in the stomach.

3rd POV

Roman clenched his stomach in pain and coughed up a little blood but he refused to lose this fight by the likes of Dolos. Roman ran up to Dolos and punched him square in the face making his nose bleed.

"HEY! Can you hear me?! What's going on?!" Virgil shouted into the phone but it was no use. The two teens were to busy punching, kicking, and shoving each other that they couldn't hear Virgil's cries and pleads for them to stop. After another ten minutes of them fighting Roman knocked Dolos out. It went silent other than Virgil's heavy breathing over the phone. "R-Roman?" Virgil said in a scared tone. He thought Dolos had knocked him out or worse but it was really the other way around.

Roman stumbled over to his phone and grunted when he bent down to pick it up. "You still there?" Roman asked, his voice rough. "Roman!" Virgil exclaimed in relief. "A-are you okay?! What happened?!" He asked in a panic. "I'll be fine. Just got into a small fight with snake face." Roman explained. "W-where is he?" Virgil asked. Roman went silent not wanting to answer the question as he stared at Dolos's unconscious body. "Roman? ...What happened to Dolos?" Virgil repeated, voice shaky. There was still no reply. "ROMAN-" "I KNOCKED HIM OUT, OKAY?" Roman yelled. Now it was Virgil turn to go silent. Virgil's breathing became uneasy. "Just- take him to a hospital.. I'm going to be on the next flight back home." Virgil said feeling drained. "Virgil-" "Don't. Just make sure he's okay." And with that Virgil hung up the phone.

Roman got angry. Not at Virgil. But at Dolos. It was that stupid Dick's fault that he and Virgil couldn't be happy. Roman threw his phone to the ground in rage and watched it shatter into a bunch of pieces. He ran his hand three his brown hair, breathing heavily. He looked towards Dolos and did something that Virgil and Patton would look down at him for. He left Dolos there and walked himself home.