Chapter Four

I quickly rush out of the room, my breathing heavy as I internally cursed at myself. What was I thinking? I can't just enter any room like that! I placed a hand over my heart, trying to calm down the fast beating.

The door behind me was cold and I leaned my back against it, knowing I didn't see anything. In fact, I couldn't seem to move my body. I was frozen and I stayed in my spot for what felt like hours but then the door opened and I stumbled forward, almost hitting the floor but someone wrapped their arms around my waist, catching me.

Xavier.

I looked up at him and blushed red.

"Uhmm," I mumble, unsure on what to say. "Sorry about that, I mean about earlier, I didn't see anything." I rush to explain myself.

He raised up a perfectly arched eyebrow, "Indeed?"

I slowly nod my head, hoping he would believe my truth. "I really didn't see anything."

"Very well then, Miss Lily, as you can see-" He gestured forward, taking a step pass me. "I have to be somewhere soon." He says.

"WAIT!"

"I'll take my leave now. But before I do so, I'd like to thank you for last night. . . for your help last night."

"I didn't help you last night, Miss Hayden, and I think you should take into consideration that if you leave this house now, you'll have no place to go." He states and immediately I felt a bolt of anger invade me.

It was true and I knew that but. . . but he didn't need to say it like that, like the way he did, it only made me more angry than I already am.

My eyes narrowed at the man, "Whose fault is that?" I snapped, not even caring that my voice was raising higher. "I would have a place to stay, if only you would just leave me alone, for gods sake!"

"Why would I do that miss Hayden? You disrespected me. Do you think I would let that pass easily?"

This man was infuriating.

My hands clenched into fists and he watched the movement in amusement, his lips lifted upwards, into one of his smirks.

"I won't stay here if that's what you really wa-"

He cut me off my statement.

"Now who said that was what I wanted?" He asked so bluntly.

I sent him a hard glare before turning back around to find the room I previously was in. It was hard skimming my way through the place and it took me a long time to reach the room, only to find Carrie crying.

I quickly rushed to her and picked the little girl up in my arms, she was so small. She wrapped her small arms around my neck. "I'm sorry I took so long." I apologized but then I remembered I was meant to get her breakfast!

"Baby," I cooed at her.

"Let's go and get you some breakfast outside."

She nodded her head and scratched her eyes with her tiny hand.

I grabbed my bags and smiled at her, "And off we go."

We existed the room and our little search to locate the front entrance of the house began and while we searched, I came to a conclusion that Xavier wasn't in the house any longer. He must have left.

The front door came in sight and I breathed out in relief, that was a long one. I yanked it open and we stepped out, the sun shining down on us immediately. I was about to shut the door but not before taking a final glance at the inside.