Chapter Thirty Two

I placed my hands on my face, trying to hide the fact that I was crying and blushing. I sniffed a couple of times.

I felt him bringing me closer to him. "What did you want to tell me?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

Oh yeah. That.

How should I say this? It was so overwhelming. I sighed. "I'm pregnant." His eyes widened for like three seconds before they beamed with happiness. Taking my hands in his. "That's great news, I feel like the luckiest man on earth." He said kissing my forehead.

This was a dream come through... Dream? You dreamt of this?! My subconsciousness screamed at me.

Well... Maybe only once. But just in case this is all still a dream, I don't want to ever wake up. "And I feel like the luckiest lady on earth," I said and he chuckled.

I like it when he does that.

"You do?" He asked pecking my lips. "Hmm hmm." I hummed and wrapped my arms around his neck and licked his lower lip.

I don't want this to ever end. It felt so good.

We finally broke apart. I sat down back on my chair and so did he, the huge smile on my face wouldn't leave. "What was your first impression of me?" The words came out without my permission. Seriously?

"You were an annoying lady who I wanted to get rid of immediately." He said without hesitation.

What the.

I threw him a death glare. He chuckled. He should keep doing that, it's so good.

"I... Well, it's hard to explain." He said and I nodded understandingly. He probably had mixed feelings, I had those for him too. "What was your first impression of me?" He asked taking a sip from his glass of wine.

"A stupid annoying handsome jerk." He laughed at that, i laughed with him. I drank from my glass of water.

I didn't want to eat anything, I had eaten before coming here. I watched him as he looked at his watch and looked back at me. "Come." He said taking my hand, we walked till we reached a balcony.

"Why?" I asked, he didn't answer me, he just looked at the sky. The stars, it was really beautiful tonight.

No doubt he likes looking up at the sky.

Suddenly there were fireworks. Oh my god, there were love signs and the words 'I LOVE YOU'

So romantic.

"I love you more," I said resting my hands on his chest. Looking at the beautiful view before us, he suddenly said. "Ah, it's so cold." He took off his jacket, putting it on me. I suddenly felt warmth, but then he would be cold.

"I'm not cold," I said trying to take it off me but he stopped me. "You are." He replied.

"And you're not cold?" I asked raising an eyebrow. "No." He replied.

"Yes, you are," I said. How much stubborn could he get? Pulling it off quickly, I stretched it towards him, for him to take it.

But he didn't.

I sighed before putting it on him, I turned back to look at the stars.

We should watch the stars more often, it was beautiful. I felt him coming closer to me from behind, he wrapped his arm around me. I felt warmth.

~
After hours we had left that place. I had to go back home because of Carrie, it felt like Layla has been doing so much of what I should be doing.

I don't want us to be a burden to her. "What are you thinking about?" Xavier suddenly asked startling me. "Nothing," I replied.

We are currently on a drive back to my house where Xavier had insisted on dropping me off.

"Really?" He asked locking his hand with mine. "Really," I replied.

I was going to lean in for a kiss when the car stopped and the doors opened.

What great timing.

I guess this was a goodbye.

For tonight.

"I can't stay with you tonight?" He suddenly asked. Of course, he can.

"Yes, you can," I replied. We walked towards my door and I opened it.

Immediately I got in, the lights turned on. "How was it?!" She asked beaming.

"Tel-" she cuts off herself when she noticed Xavier behind me. Her mouth shifted into an 'o'

It was so funny, that I stopped myself from laughing. "It's nice to meet you again Xavier, I would leave you two now." She said walking away, but not before she mouthed.

'We've got a lot to discuss.' I smiled, shaking my head.

I looked at the time. 1:54 am. Wow.

"Where are you going to sleep?" I asked nobody in particular, but it was for Xavier.

"Your room." He answered immediately walking towards the direction of my room.

How did he know that way was my room? I trailed behind him till we stopped at my door. "How did you know this is my room?" I asked and he just smirked. "I have my ways." He replied.

I didn't want to question him, knowing that I wouldn't get answers.

I opened the door and walked in and turned on the light.

"Uh... I'd go... Um, change." I said awkwardly. Going to my closet and then to the bathroom.

Getting in I placed a hand on my chest. I could hear my heart beating.

What are you doing to me?!

I quickly put on my gown and pants. I breathe in and out before coming out.

I saw Xavier sitting down on the other side of the bed, I walked towards the bed and sat down on it. "You look tired," I said to Xavier.

"No, I don't." He replied. He does like arguing. He would have been a good lawyer.

Moving closer to him, the windows suddenly started moving. Oh. It was going to rain.

I climbed off the bed, went to the windows, locked them, and returned to the bed.

"Yes, you do," I whispered and he chuckled.

"I love you," I whispered again. What is wrong with me?

He cupped my face. "I love you more." He replied.

"I love you much more," I said with a huge smile. "I love so much more." He said.

"I love you so much more too," I said hugging him.

Where did the confidence come from?

I snuggled him. I felt so safe in his arms. After some time, I became sleepy. Releasing him, I turned to the other side of the bed.

Only to feel him wrap his arms around my waist.