Chapter Thirty One

I got out and walked not waiting for his reply. I just had to clear things up.

Getting into the store, I bought a pregnancy test kit. I have gotten pregnant before, but I just want to be sure if I was pregnant or not.

What if I was? This was so overwhelming. By the time I had reached home, it was already 4:22 pm. "What took you so long? You had me scared." Layla said immediately I got into the house.

Her face held so much relief. "I... Uh, ran into an old friend." I said. She looked at me suspiciously before nodding her head.

"Did you get it?" She asked. I know her and I know that there were so many things running through her head, that she wanted to ask me questions.

"Yes," I said going towards my room direction, she called. "Lily?" I turned towards her and hummed. "You know you can tell me anything, right?" She asked.

Yes, that would make our relationship stronger. "Yes," I said with a smile before I walked to my room.

I had bought three pregnancy test kits.

~

My eyes widened looking at the plus signs in the three tests. I was pregnant. Oh god.

I don't know if I should be happy or sad, looking at it again. I gulped. Whose father is it? It's Xavier's, you idiot!

I had to tell him! Now? No, not now, when I'm done with Layla and Daisy and besides Xavier would be busy right now.

But how would I tell him? The door opened revealing a very curious Layla. She nodded her head at the kit and walked toward me.

"Who is the father, Xavier?" She asked, and I just nodded my head. "I knew it! Go relax."

"No, I'm not tired," I said. I didn't want to sleep now, but I know what she wanted me to do.

She wants me not to ever work again till the baby is born. I remembered when we were little, she said if she get pregnant, she wouldn't do anything till the baby is born.

I chuckled. "What's so funny?" She asked playfully. "Nothing, it's just that I remembered when you used to talk about pregnancy, you believed it's not right for pregnant women to work," I said and she smiled.

"I never thought you would remember those silly things." Was she thinking I had forgotten about those? Those times were some of the few times we had fun together.

"I would never forget it," I said. My mind went back to the growing child in my womb.

I remembered when I had first found out about my first pregnancy, I was really happy and wanted to tell Jack immediately, but it didn't go as well as I wanted it to.

"Oh god. Look at the time." I said immediately my I looked at the time. It was running by so fast today.

"I would go and prepare Carrie for the night." I said walking out but stopped when Layla said "I've done that already." She said.

"Thank you, I'd go prepare dinner," I said with a smile and walked out.

I was smiling widely while preparing the dinner, okay I'm going to agree, I was happy and nervous at the same time.

I wasn't even married to him.

Immediately I was done I got a phone call, I took the phone and picked it up.

Xavier.

"Let's hang out tonight." He said.

"What?" I asked. If I didn't have something to tell him, I could have refused. "I have something to tell you."

"Tell me over there, a car would be at your house at 8 pm." With that, he cuts off the phone.

Seriously?

It was currently 5:57 pm. I have some time at least. The food was ready and I served it.

I went to Carrie's room, Layla was with her and they were giggling at each other.

"Dinner is ready," I called, I watched as Layla took Carrie by her hand and leads her to the dining.

"Mommy? Is it cheese for me?" She asked as I placed her on her chair. "Yep." I nodded my head and she said.

We ate in silence. Not an awkward silence. My phone beeped. 'Less than an hour left' ~ Xavier.

Does the time hate me that much today?

After dinner, I put Carrie to sleep and told Layla I was going out. "Is it with Xavier?" She asked raising an eyebrow. "Yes," I said and she smiled broadly.

"Good luck telling him, and come I'd help you get dressed." She said taking me by the hand to her room.

~

I looked at myself in the mirror, no doubt I looked so beautiful. Layla had caked me up with some makeup and a beautiful gown.

She had always been fashionable. "You look so good." She said smiling and giving me a thumbs up. I giggled shyly.

My eyes widened when I looked at the time. 7:59 pm. "I got to go. Bye." I said rushing out and there was already a car outside.

I got in. Why did I even put on all these again?

The ride was silent and boring, I only enjoyed the condition of the car, it was so comfortable and I felt like sleeping.

And just when I was about to sleep, the car stopped. We were there. A minute later the door opened and I got out.

And we were in a restaurant. I noticed Xavier. He looked so handsome, is there a word bigger than that? Cause I would use it.

"Don't fall." He said immediately I was beside him. "Why?" I asked.

"You couldn't get your eyes off this." He motioned to his body. "And you might fall if you don't look where you are walking." I blushed. I was looking at him? I noticed a few people in the restaurant.

"You look beautiful." He commented after some time.

"Thank you," I replied shyly.

Did I mention it looks so expensive?

I thought we were going to sit down on one of the tables here, but Xavier climbed up and I followed him.

We reached an empty but beautiful place. There was a table, with glasses and wines on it.

I sat down on one of the chairs and so did Xavier.

We sat in silence for a while before he broke it. "Remember when we first met?" He asked. How could I not remember? I would never forget that day.

"Yes," I said shyly. And he smiled.

Okay, this was rare because he barely smiles.

"I don't know how it happened, I just couldn't seem to get you out of my mind, the more I pushed you away the just how important you are to me." He said. He was pouring out his emotions.

"I love you, Lily." He said. "So much."

"I love you more," I replied. I love him so much, so much he could have ever imagined. I don't know why but tears poured out of my eyes.

He smiled, licking his lower lip, that only made the temperature increase.

"Did you see that?" He said motioning to a place behind me, my head whipped in that direction. There was nothing.

I turned back to ask him what he saw, but he was on one knee. A little box in his hand, a ring.

"Will you marry me?" I was shocked. I stared at him for what seemed forever before I came back to my senses.

"Yes," I said, but it came out as a little cry. I couldn't believe this was happening.

He stood up and I immediately wrapped my arm around his neck hugging him and he hugged back. When we broke apart he placed the ring on my finger and we hugged again.