1

"Saṃsāra is the world appearance, the cycle of Rebirth, The physically manifest universes and states of mind that you perceive through the medium of Ego"                                                                                                                                                    -Frederick Lenz

                                   Wandering through Times Square, he looked awed by the huge screens and the flood of people going about their own business. There was a peculiar air throughout the Square, an air of "business"... Everything felt 'official'. The tall, lifeless and Grey buildings looking down upon their creators through the lens of some arrogance of their own. He continued his stride and crossed the road without hesitation...being yelled at was kind of what he already expected. He still marveled at these huge fortresses of glass and concrete.

He looked through the window of an Italian restaurant and savored upon the thought of the mouth-watering Tiramisu. After being eyed upon by the man at the table, he backed up and started to focus on his own reflection on the pan. It felt like it was almost the first time he had noticed his own face, like he had no recollection of his own face beforehand. He sensed a new identity within himself. His blond forward slicked hair - his blue eyes provided him a vent into his own self. Somehow his own reflection felt significant to him. He found it very strange. The thought now controlled his whole mind and he couldn't get it off. His steps became shorter and faster. Suddenly, a hand from behind grabbed him by the shoulder and stopped him in his walk. He turned around to scan the face with his dilated eyes but couldn't make out who it was. He felt like he knew him. Before he could say anything, the fat, black man hugged him and both of them started their trademark handshake even though he was very positive that it was the first time he met the man, but somehow he knew that handshake, which shook him, so much so that he almost stood there stoned.

"How the hell are you??? Man...!! The news almost gave me a heart attack," said Adon, "and loads of laughter too..."

"I'm sorry, but, who are you?"

"Wait... what?" replied Adon, with a gradually shrilling voice. "Oh...My bad.... It must be from the fall, right?"

"What fall??? And why aren't you telling me WHO YOU ARE??"

"It's okay.... I am.... Adon... but you don't seem to remember that.....And that's perfectly fine, let's get you home"

The boy seemed confused by all that was happening, but for some reason he trusted this man. There was just something about Adon's 'Cornrows' and that grizzly beard apart from him looking like a homeless dirt pile who hasn't showered in months.