3

"What did I do? A-don?"

"What?" asked Adon

"What did I do? ... That FALL you were talking about..."

Adon seemed to be in shock after the statement, maybe because he knew the magnitude of the boy's action and also the magnitude of the consequences. With some degree of hesitation, he replied:

"Well... I can't tell you WHAT you did, but I can sure as Hell tell you that you regretted doing it. And by that I mean you cried... and you cried... and you cried. No one could stop your crying... But I guess at that time there weren't many people around you either."

The Boy knew that they had been walking for about 10 to 15 minutes, at least, but he also knew that they had a long way to go. This also instilled in him an idea of how mankind still has a long way to go before they can be considered as the pinnacle of evolution. At the time it felt as if this was a completely random thing to come to his mind, by sheer coincidence, maybe. He walked unconsciously through hundreds of meters, He didn't want to give much attention to his surroundings and it relaxed his mind. Not focusing on the shops and boards advertising things that suited certain people with a certain need for a certain cause. It wasn't much to admire either. The rotten slices of pizza lying on the sidewalks near the alleys disgusted him. On the other hand, Adon felt fresh like green celery. He had been on his way to work, at the hospital, when he found the Boy. He had been a janitor for almost forever, but recently got promoted to Head janitor, because of his long period of noble services to the hospital.

"So Adon... That's a funny name."

"I know, Bro. It's not gangsta' at all... "

"But what does it mean? I mean I don't recall knowing anyone named 'ADON', as a matter of fact I don't recall anything at all", He let out a small chuckle as He found his own misery amusing.

"I don't know Man!!...Its some Greek shit...Or Latin... How the hell am I supposed to know???!!... It ain't even the whole name...Its short for ADONIS... I think."

"Oh...You think, huh?"