Getting Aquainted

Chapter 7

Monday morning Sayori woke in a panic, realising she would be late yet again.

Man! This year's barely even started and yet it feels like I've been late almost every day!

Rushing downstairs she clumsily slid on her shoes, raking a hand through her hair to make it more presentable.

As she threw open the door, Sayori paused, her eyes widening in astonishment.

"Good morning." Monika said timidly with a smile.

"H-Hey." Sayori waved, walking closer to the car.

"I, uh, offered you a ride to school... Remember?" Monika asked.

Sayori blushed, her heart fluttering as she nodded.

She cautiously slipped into the passenger's side, buckling as Monika pulled away.

"So, um, Sayori?" Monika called her attention.

"Hm?" Sayori hummed, turning to face her.

"I, uh... Was just going to ask what your favourite class was..." Monika lied, feeling her heart hammer against her chest.

"Um... I-I don't really h-have a favourite... I kinda stink at school.." Sayori chuckled, pressing her fingers together.

"Well... I could tutor you." Monika offered on a whim, secretly hoping to spend even more time with Sayori.

"Really?" Sayori questioned, a wide smile stretching across her face.

"O-Of course." Monika nodded, her heart racing after glancing at Sayori's adorable smile.

This girl will be the end of me..!

The car pulled into the school parking lot as they stepped out.

"Have a nice day." Monika said softly.

"Y-You too." Sayori nodded.

They parted ways for class.

~~~

Monika Monika Monika Monika Monika Monika Monika Monika Monika  Monika, just... M-o-n-i-k-a...

Sayori sighed happily, doodling on what was supposed to be her homework.

"Sayori." Natsuki called the strawberry blonde to attention.

"Yeah~?" Sayori purred dreamily, her eyes glazed over as they set on her friend.

"Geez what happened to you?" Natsuki asked.

"Monika offered to tutor me~." Sayori giggled, her words slurring as though she were drunk.

"So you're on cloud nine from a study session?" Natsuki asked without interest.

Sayori only nodded, continuing to draw on her paper.

Natsuki glanced over to notice various stars and hearts of all sizes littering the parts of the paper without text.

"Good gravy." she rolled her eyes.

Sayori giggled joyfully, tattooing her small shapes on what small bit of paper was left.

~~~

Yuri shook Monika gently by the shoulder as the girl stared off into space, her head on her desk.

"Monika. Monika." Yuri called.

Monika blinked back into reality, her face flushing as she realised she had been dozing off.