Sad Secrets

Chapter 40

(Hey guess what time it is. Time for another time skip!)

Summer had just ended and Sayori was finding it harder and harder to get out of bed with each passing day.

She felt it would only burden those around her, so she kept it to herself.

N: Sayo can I come over after school?

Sayori sighed, she really didn't want company right now.

S: Sorry I'm kinda busy today :(

S: Another time?

Sayori groaned, she really didn't like upsetting her friend's, especially Natsuki.

Ugh, she's gonna be so mad at me...

Her phone buzzed, signalling a reply.

N: It's cool

N: Bye

Sayori typed one more goodbye text before setting her phone on the nightstand beside her.

"I do not wanna go to school today..." Sayori whined.

"But Sayori, you have to. It's a Friday." she scolded herself in her best Monika impression.

Sayori giggled at her own antics before sighing again.

Why am I so sad? I didn't even do anything yet.

Sayori groaned loudly at her thoughts, dragging her feet as she stalked around the room to get ready for the day.

She let out a whine, fumbling with her bow.

~~~

"Hey, Sayo!" Natsuki said, coming to walk alongside the girl.

Sayori forced a smile and waved.

"You okay?" Natsuki cocked an eyebrow.

"Yeah. I'm just tired." Sayori lied, she had slept just fine.

"Oh, okay." Natsuki shrugged, ending the conversation as they continued towards the school in silence.

~~~

"Hey, Sayo!" Monika walked towards her lover as she opened the club room door.

"Hey, Moni.." Sayori smiled softly.

"Okay, everyone!" Monika called the attention of the other two in the room, who had each been reading a book.

"So everyone knows how at the beginning of each year the school has a club fair?" Monika asked, receiving three nods.

"Well, this year I thought we could have a book fair to promote ourselves!" Monika clasped her hands, smiling broadly.

"What? The club fair's scheduled for Monday!" Natsuki said, exasperated.

"Yeah, sorry... I forgot you had to sign up to be involved and I just ran into the director this morning..." Monika rubbed her neck sheepishly.

"That's alright, Monika. What do we need to do?" Yuri asked calmly, taking a sip of her herbal grey tea.