Happy Birthday

Chapter 29

They pulled into Yuri's driveway, climbing out of the car as Monika ran and knocked on the door.

Yuri hugged her while Natsuki and Sayori approached the door as well.

"Hello, Sayori," Yuri greeted with a smile, "How have you been today?"

"I'm good. You?" Sayori smiled back.

Yuri opened her mouth to speak, yet grew silent as Natsuki came into view from behind her friend.

Natsuki and Yuri locked eyes as a blush filled both of their cheeks.

"H-Hello, N-Natsuki." Yuri greeted with a nod, refusing to tear her eyes from the short girl.

"Hey." Natsuki said cooly, hiding the twinge of upset she had gotten when Yuri reverted from her nickname.

Yuri stepped aside as everyone filed into the house, immediately covering Sayori's eyes with a strip of fabric.

"Am I being kidnapped?! I mean, I kinda expected this eventually but I thought it'd at least be in my own house or-" Sayori was cut off as Monika placed her hand over the girl's mouth and giggled.

"You're not being kidnapped. It's us." Monika said.

"How do I know you guys don't want to kidnap me?" Sayori said jokingly, but was still a bit suspicious that that could be just the case.

"Because then you'd miss the surprise." Yuri cut in.

"What surprise?" Sayori said as she reached for the blindfold.

"Not yet!" Natsuki scolded, slapping her hand away.

Sayori huffed, rubbing her sore hand as Monika and Yuri lead her towards the dining room table.

"Sit." Natsuki commanded.

Sayori did as she was told while Yuri and Monika quietly snuck into the kitchen and Natsuki sat beside her.

"Nat, what's the surprise?" Sayori whispered.

"How'd you know it was me?" Natsuki asked.

"I know your scent." Sayori said.

It didn't surprise Natsuki in the slightest; She knew Sayori's scent by heart, too, from how often they were around each other.

"I can't tell you yet." Natsuki flicked the unsuspecting girl on the nose, making her yelp and rub her nose.

Monika and Yuri placed the store bought cake on the table as Yuri pulled out her Polaroid camera.

"You can take it off now." Monika whispered into Sayori's ear as she slung her arms around her lover's shoulders.

Sayori gasped as she saw the cake: A round vanilla cake with sky blue frosting and slices of strawberry on top.

"Oh my gosh..." Sayori whispered, covering her mouth with a hand in shock.

"Happy birthday, baby." Monika kissed her cheek softly, lying her head against Sayori's shoulder.