Christmas Part One

Chapter 11

(This book spans over three years, remember? I have to do a few timeskips every now and then!)

Sayori woke up earlier than usual December 20th, to her surprise.

She stretched, taking her time as she got dressed for the day.

Much to her dismay, Sayori had school today.

She got dressed, taking a granola bar from the box she had bought with her "paycheck".

Speaking of money, Sayori still needed to buy her usual gift for Natsuki.

Every year they'd exchange a gift, since neither girl had anyone else to give them presents.

"I wonder what Nat wants this year..." Sayori wondered aloud as she began skipping towards the school.

She hummed softly, happily prancing down the street.

"Hey, Sayori! I stopped by your house but you already left. Wanna lift the rest of the way?" Monika pulled up beside her.

"Sure, thanks!" Sayori giggled, climbing into the passenger side.

Sayori had been growing used to speaking to Monika, yet could still not stop the rushing feeling in her chest whenever their gazes met.

"Thank you." Sayori smiled, blushing softly as she stood to exit the car.

"No problem." Monika said, her heart fluttering as she locked the car.

She watched Sayori, who waved before skipping merrily into the building.

Monika sighed dreamily, leaning against her car and triggering her alarm.

She jumped back, her face flushing in embarrassment as she struggled to turn it off.

Yuri came up behind her, chuckling as she watched Monika flail around to fix her alarm.

"Not funny, Ri." Monika said, pinching the bridge of her nose.

"It kind of was." Yuri replied softly.

"I see Sayori still has that effect on you?" Yuri teased as they began walking towards the school.

"N-No." Monika lied.

Yuri raised an eyebrow, waiting for Monika to cave in.

"Okay! M-Maybe she does..." Monika admitted quietly so others wouldn't hear.

"I still don't see why you can't just ask her out." Yuri shrugged.

"Well... I think she's straight. And first rule of having a straight friend is they're off limits." Monika explained.

Yuri sighed.

Monika, you stupid bisexual...

"You really are clueless sometimes..." Yuri muttered quietly.

"What did you say?" Monika asked, having not heard.

"Nothing important." Yuri smiled at her.

Monika shrugged with a grin, waving as they parted for first period.

~~~

I wonder if it'd be weird to get Sayori a present... I mean, we are friends after all...

Monika chewed her pencil eraser, deep in thought.

She was in the music room, trying to compose a new song without any luck.