Premonition

Chapter 32

Sayori made it to school, immediately wrapped into Monika's arms from behind.

"Sayo! Where were you this morning? I drove over to pick you up but you weren't there!" Monika questioned with concern.

"Sorry, Moni. I was hanging out with Yuri last night. She woke me up early so I'd have time to get everything and I kinda just left for school right after." Sayori rubbed the back of her neck sheepishly.

"Its okay. You just scared me a little." Monika kissed her forehead.

"I'll see you in club, okay?" Monika whispered.

"Yeah." Sayori tilted her head as she awaited their daily parting kiss.

As Monika pulled away and began skipping to class, Sayori noticed Natsuki walking the opposite direction.

"Nat!" Sayori called, maneuvering through the crowd towards her friend.

"What?" Natsuki asked.

"Are you still mad at me..?" Sayori asked quietly.

"No... I'm not." Natsuki sighed. She really did feel bad about avoiding her.

"So... Are we good..?" Sayori asked hopefully.

"Yeah. We're good." Natsuki gave her a half smile.

Natsuki surged forward, wrapping Sayori in a side hug that only lasted a few seconds.

Natsuki pulled away, flustered and blushing.

"S-See you in club, a-airhead." Natsuki muttered.

Ugh, I can't believe I just hugged someone... In public...

Sayori giggled, happily bouncing down the halls towards her first period with a smile on her face.

~~~

(This is going to be a dream just to avoid confusion)

Sayori slowly opened her eyes, taking note that she was much shorter than usual.

She glanced down where her hands would be, to see that her hands had been replaced with... paws?

Well this is new...

Looking around she noticed she appeared to be in the club room, though everything was smaller.

"Hey, Sayo!" she heard Natsuki's voice call as she turned to face her.

In her place, however, was a small pink kitten with magenta eyes that nuzzled briefly against Sayori.

A violet furred wolf was curled up asleep some space away, a white bird perched on her shoulder as Catsuki wandered over towards her and scared the bird away.

"Sayori!" Monika's voice came, along with a brown coated, emerald eyed fox.

"Monika?" Sayori asked, tilting her head, "Why are we animals?"