A Good Friend

Chapter 10

Sayori woke to notice Natsuki still snoring beneath her, chuckling as she stood to stretch.

Looking outside she noticed it was getting dark outside.

Looks like we slept all day...

Sayori shrugged, making her way quietly down the stairs to get something to eat.

She grabbed a random apple, noticing she was running low on groceries.

No biggie... I'm sure I can earn a bit of cash cleaning the bathrooms at Mendy's this weekend.

Sayori worked unofficially at the Mendy's Dev managed.

Dev was a friend of Sayori's mother who used to be in the same bad business before deciding to improve her life.

Sayori saw Dev as a motherly figure since she was always doing things she was sure a mother should do for her such as give her praise and taking an interest in her hobbies.

Speaking of Dev...

Sayori left Natsuki a note saying she was free to stay since it was already so late before sliding on her shoes to leave.

She walked at a leisurely pace towards the restaurant that felt like her second home, opening the door to greet the workers as usual.

"Hey Sayori!"

"Yori, my man!"

"Sup girl?" The workers all greeted her with smiles.

"Hey, guys! Is Dev still in?" Sayori asked, taking a seat in an empty booth.

The place was almost deserted save an elderly couple in the far corner of the room finishing their food.

"Yeah, I'll get her for you, babe." a waitress said, slipping into the back room.

"Sayori! What brings you by so late?" Dev asked, her brown eyes twinkling as she gazed at the young girl.

"Hey, Dev..." Sayori smiled.

"Something on your mind, love?" Dev said, taking a seat across from her.

Sayori sighed, pressing her fingertips together out of habit.

"It's just... A girl..." Sayori said slowly.

Dev squealed, seizing Sayori's hands and squeezing them.

"Well tell me all about her!" Dev beamed.

Sayori smiled as she began going on and on about how wonderful the brunette was.

"This Monika girl sounds wonderful." Dev said, rubbing the backs of Sayori's hands with her thumbs.

"Thanks, Dev. Hey, while I'm here... Got any odd jobs I could fill?" Sayori asked.

"Sayori, hun. I keep telling you! If you'll only wait until you're sixteen I could hire you for real. You know, like legally." Dev explained for the billionth time.