Bonus Chapter-New York

A/N: Hey guys, here's the bonus chapter! Hope you like it! Just a heads up, I'm considering Loki an Avenger by the loose definition and we're rolling like Loki's made up with everybody like he pretty much has with Thor. We're also working like Thanos never happened (because screw that guy) so Thor's still got Mjolnir.

****************

"So Tony, where's Alexa?"

I'd been trying to escape that question since I dropped Alexa off in September. I'd avoided going back to Avenger's Tower after getting back from England, but I couldn't stall or dodge the question all year. After almost two months of "dedicating myself to my research" and avoiding contact with anyone who would ask questions, I had to go back. Boarding school was the established cover story, but I really didn't think anyone would buy that.

I was tweaking my latest creation (a portable, hidden suit for Alexa), when Bruce of all people came into the lab and cornered me with the question.

"Uh... she's at boarding school." Normally I'd just tell the truth, but apparently this wizard thing being a secret was intensely enforced.

"Tony. You seriously expect me to believe that?" asked Bruce, stepping around my work counter to come closer and lowering his voice. "You told me what it did to you when your dad sent you to boarding school. You swore like your life depended on it that you weren't going to do that to her."

I paused, trying to decide what to do. It didn't take long for me to decide.

"It's magic school. Apparently she's a wizard, and she wanted to go." I started putting my tools away. Bruce wasn't going to be the only one asking this question, and I might as well save us all some time by getting it out of the way now.

Besides, the extended Avengers counted as her family. We wouldn't technically be breaking any laws by telling them.

"Wait, magic? Tony what did you just say?"

"Magic school. It's called Hogwarts. Terrible name if you ask me, but of course nobody did."

"Tony... do you have a fever? Maybe I should call Strange..."

"Bruce, I'm fine." I looked up from putting everything away held up my hands to prove it. "Just get everybody together in about an hour. If we're telling people, we're going all the way, and I'm not explaining this more than once."

****************

Just over an hour later, anyone who loosely fit the definition of an Avenger was gathered in the main room of the tower.

I waited until just after everybody took their seats to come down the stairs. Everybody looked up, and I had the full attention of the room.

"You wanna tell us why we're here instead of still asleep?" called Barton, arms crossed as he leaned back in the couch.

"You sure you ever woke up?" I asked. He just snorted, clearly too tired to respond. I ignored him and continued. "Alright, I called our biggest official meeting today to talk about Alexa. Rhodey and Strange, you already know everything I'm about to say, so you don't need to stay."

"I'll stay," Rhodey decided. "You need somebody to back up your crazy ass story."

"I'll stay, too," Strange said lazily. "I enjoy the company."

I rolled my eyes at that, but he didn't comment.

"Why do they get to know everything about Alexa and we don't?" asked Pietro.

"Okay, the whole point of this meeting is that you do get to know," I said, waving my hands to indicate the room. "And the sooner you all stop talking and let me explain, the sooner you'll stop having questions."