Chapter Twenty-Four

I woke up the next morning and started setting my plan into motion. I didn't want to deal with any teachers or Prefects telling me I couldn't bring a bunch of muggles into the school, so I wanted to keep things as quiet as possible. My first stop at breakfast was Fred and George.

"Hey, so I need to move a couple people around the school without being noticed and find a quiet workspace someone could spend a couple hours in without being found," I said, getting straight to the point. "Whaddya got?"

They looked at me with narrowed eyes, then leaned in.

"We might know a place," said Fred.

"But first we want in on whatever's going on," added George.

I sighed, then looked around to make sure no one was listening in. We were pretty much alone at our area of the table, so as long as I kept my voice low it should be safe.

"Okay, so my dad needs to fix some technology for me, but it's really complicated technology and it may take him a while. I need to find him somewhere he can work where nobody's ever gonna know he was here. I'm meeting him in the shortcut to Gryffindor Tower from Astronomy at noon."

Fred and George looked at each other, and I saw them come to a silent agreement before they looked back at me.

"We know the perfect spot," said George.

"But we want to be involved," added Fred, before I could get too excited. "We want to help you get there and meet some of these people from your other life."

I sighed, but there really wasn't any question of what I should do. I needed help, and I trusted Fred and George. They were my friends, and it might actually be fun to show them a little bit of who I am outside Hogwarts.

"Alright, sounds like a plan. Just keep it quiet, okay?"

"You can count on us! We're great at keeping secrets," said Fred, grinning from ear to ear.

"We'll head to the spot you're meeting your dad right after Transfiguration," added George.

"Great! Thanks again you guys." They smiled and we all high-fived before I piled some scrambled eggs onto my plate and started eating. I had no clue what was going to happen, but with my dad being who he is and Loki's promise to tag along, I figured I would need my strength and energy to handle whatever they decided to throw at me.

I couldn't sit still through any of my classes that morning; I just kept thinking about everybody from New York coming here. Loki alone was enough to make me nervous, but Strange and my dad weren't exactly subtle either.

Finally, Transfiguration ended, and it was time for me and the twins to head back to the corridor every super hero in New York had appeared in last night.

"You know, I'm excited to meet these friends of yours," mused George.

"If they're half as interesting as you, this is going to be a blast!" agreed Fred.

They had no idea what they were in for.

We got to the corridor ahead of my dad, so we just had to lean against the walls and wait. It wasn't much longer before that familiar golden circle started materializing in thin air.

"Woah," I heard the twins chorus behind me. I didn't turn to look at their faces. Instead, I watched my dad step out of the portal. Loki was nowhere in sight, but I knew that meant nothing.

"Hi sweetheart," said my dad, stepping fully into the corridor to give me a hug.

"Hi dad."

"I'll be back for him here in five hours!" Strange yelled through the portal, not even bothering to come through.