Chapter 7

"You will see Y/N."

Sinbad stated calmly, as he then began to fly away from Sindria. You watched horrified as the country got further and further away. Looking at the now darkening sea below, it looked calm today. It was a lovely sight to see, the sun setting and the ocean horizon meeting the sun. It was something you felt was only in scrolls and books. After a short flight, Sinbad stopped flying above a small island much smaller than Sindria. Though from what you could see in the now scarce light were trees and a large lake that took most of the island. You also saw a small fire that was near it.

"My king, is this...did you plan this?"

Sinbad chuckled as he started to descend to the shore around the lake. As your feet touched the ground you were both happy to be on land but worried about what the king had planned. Sinbad unequipped and walked over to a table that you did not notice from the sky. It was laid out with some of your favorite foods and a single dessert. As well as some candles that lit the table. Only about three to four feet away was a neat and campy fire pit.

"My King it's lovely! But..."

You started, but Sinbad interrupted you.

"How many times must I tell you, call me Sinbad."

He said as he pulled out one of the chairs for you. You walked over and sat down. You then felt him push you in and saw him take his seat. You looked at the spread in front of you. The two of you had such a wonderful and fun day as he showed you the markets, buying and spoiling you a bit, with items you thought looked amazing. He also showed you the trading company base that was on the island. All the workers were happy to see the king and greeted him. He treated you two to a great lunch, with foods you have never had before. But every bite was amazing! As for seeing all your favorites in front of you, your stomach grumbled wanting it. All of it looked so perfectly made and crafted. The smells from the foods overwhelmed your senses and made your mouth water even more. Sinbad must have noticed this for he began to chuckle.

"Go ahead Y/N eat."

He then took a small jug that was in front of him and poured some wine into his glass.

"Would you like any?"

He asked politely. You nodded and he smiled as he put a little bit into your glass.

"A toast, to a great time!"

He then held his glass out to greet yours. With a large smile, you tapped your glasses and took a sip. The wine was amazing! With hints of blackberry and raspberry, in the mix. With the toast done you started to grab the things in front of you.

"May I ask how you knew all my favorites?"

You asked as you were about to take a bite. The food almost made you want to cry as it was so perfectly seasoned and well cooked. Sinbad chuckles and responds,

"I asked your father this morning. He is a very nice man!"

You swallowed your bite and responded.

 "Yes, he is. He has been a true hero in my life. He's raised me since my mother died. Until recently when he got this illness, he was always on the move."

You smiled, as you reminisced. Sinbad began to eat as you talked.

"You know I would like to thank you for today. I have not had so much fun, in... forever!"