Chapter 3

"Lady Sansa" Tyrion gasped as Sandor Clegane walked her back inside the walls of the Red Keep, followed by a nervous Tallulah.

"Little birds hurt, have someone see her bag to her cage" Sandor grunted as he placed the young girl down on the floor and her handmaidens ran to her side.

"And this?" Tyrion asked as he walked over to Tallulah with a contemplating look.

"Is the woman that saved the little bird. Stopped her from three rapist. She's a healer as well, I thought perhaps she could be of use" Sandor explained in a bored tone.

"I know who she is, I have seen her at the pleasure house. A healer you say? Not a whore then? Well perhaps we can offer you service here, is that suits the lady" Tyrion smirked at the hound and then back to Tallulah.

"That is very kind of you all, but I not meant to work in any castle for lords and ladies. I enjoy my work, helping those less fortunate in flee bottom, it's where I belong".

"Very well, perhaps you could at least see to the young Lady Sansa before you part us. She is more likely to be comfortable with you after you saved her. I shall see you well paid and fed before you go" Tyrion offered.

"Of course" Tallulah nodded politely.

Tallulah was quickly lead up to Lady Sansa's chambers. When they were in thenprivady of her room, she quickly dismissed her other handmaidens and looks at Tallulah with a slight mistrust.

"Are you a whore? I heard the pleasure house mentioned" she asked more abruptly than perhaps a lady should.

"No, I work there, but only as a healer, I look after the women and the 100 bastards children. My mother was though, and her mother before that I imagine".

"How did you learn to fight and kill like that?"

"A woman has to know how to protect herself on the streets. Its not a hobby, merely a necessity. I'm sorry you had to witness that though".

"I've seen men die before. My sister, Arya, she was younger than me, she would have liked you, she always wanted to learn to fight".

"Where is she now?"

"Gone. Dead perhaps. I have not seen or heard from her since before my father's death".

Tallulah approached the young girl and began to clean the blood from the cuts on her cheek. "You're father was a good man".

"You knew him?" Sansa asked in shock.

"I met him twice, and you lady mother".

Tallulah began to tell Sansa of how she had met them, but swore to secrecy, which she of course agreed to.

"If I had known my mother was here" she sighed.

"It would have been to dangerous. She spoke of you often though. Her beauitful eldest daughter, she is so proud of the Lady you were becoming once last she saw you".

Sansa's eyes began to fill with the threat of tears and she looked down to her hands. "I'll never see them again".

"Never say never child. Nothing is certain in thjs world, and that can be a blessing and a curse" Tallulah smiled.

Once Tallulah had finished cleaning the girls wounds, she cleared the bloodied cloth and made for her exit. "Will you not stay? Be my handmaiden, I hate the others and I am desperate for someone to talk with".

"You need a friend, I understand sweet one. But the common people out there, they need more, they need help. That is where my place is. I shall pray for your happiness though child, and remember, nothing is forever".