Chapter 34

The last thing Tallulah could remember was the burning sensation inside her heart. The rage, the anger and desire to kill those who brought pain and misery to this world. So when she finally woke up, comfy in a large supportive bed, covered in thick quilts and furs, she had no idea how she had got there.

"You're awake," a voice grumbled from the end of the bed.

Slowly, Tallulah rubbed the sleep from her eyes and tried to focus them in the dim light of the room. "Sandor?" She whispered.

"Aye, how ya feeling?"

Sitting up, she looked around the room, not recognising any of it and then turned back to Sandor. "Where are we?"

"On a ship, sailing for Kings Landing. Jon has his proof now and hopes it will be enough to get Cersi on side. Do you remember what happened? Out there... on the ice."

Tallulah nodded slowly and looked down at her hands. "I nust repulse you now. Now you know what I can do, with the flames..."

"You saved our lives!" He hissed and reached forward to take her hands. "You could never repulse me woman. Never! But I have to know, what was that out there? What happened to you?"

"Lots of things, but this... this I had all my life, I just never knew until I was being held captive at the Red Temple in Asshai. The men, they call me the secret flame and heart of fire. I don't really understand it. That was only the second time I used it."

"I should have never left you, never told you to run," he sighed heavily.

"You had no choice! You did what you did to protect me. You always have," ahe quickly fought back crawled closer to him on the bed.

Silence fell between the pair for a moment. Neither knowing what to say after so long. Sandor moved his hands and gently placed them on her hips, stroking up and down towards her thighs as she closed her eyes to the warmth of this large hands.

"And now? Now we are back together again... do you still..." he couldn't finish the sentence though, his heart pulling apart from the inside, scared of where the words might take them.

"I still love you Sandor, but with everything we have been though and the wars still to come... will it be enough?"

Further down the corridor on the ship, in another room sat another couple. Both sat silently staring at the ground, looking for words to say.

"You believe it now? Now you have seen our true enemy," Jon spoke first as Daenarys stood up and went to look out of the small window.

"Yes. I have seen the true danger with my eyes. I lost a child to those monsters. I will fight with you Jon Snow and they will die,"

"I am sorry for you lost. I can't imagine... but... but you did save us. Without you we would have died there. I can see now why your people follow you, why those around you pledge their loyalty. I understand now... your grace."

"Your grace?" She asked and spun around to face him.

"You are my Queen. My only Queen and I pledge my loyalty, my men and my life to you."

Silence fell over them again as Daensrys moved back to the bed where Jon sat. "We will avenge those who have hurt us, we will have peace. I take your loyalty with that promise."

Jon remained silent, studying her face from a closer view. He had not seen it before, but the beauty of his new Queen was hard to deny. Slowly, his eyes lowered to his pink plump lips and he wondered how they would feel on his own.

"Jon," she whispered.

The next morning from the top deck of the ship, Tallulah could make out the view of Kings Landing and the familiar Red Keep, sat high above the city.

"I wished to never return here. To never look at the city walls and Keep above,"

"That makes two of us." Sandor replied as he walked up behind her, wrapping his arms around her small frame to protect her from the whipping sea wind.

"I won't die in this city Clegane,"

"Aye, nor will I let you, because it is enough Tal. Your love and mine. It is enough. I promise you."

"I hope so," she sighed. "I truly hope so."