|ONE|

New Target

*Jimin's POV*

I sat at my desk in my swivel chair, working hard on some homework that's due tomorrow morning.

Nice job, Jimin.
You procrastinate all break long and now you're here, cramming your brain on the final day before school tomorrow.
Congrats.
You suck at life.

I let out a loud sigh of utter exhaustion as my phone's shrill ring breaks through the tense silence, ruining my focus.

I grab the phone off the table and scoot my chair back, groaning in exasperation as the chair spins to face my now open bedroom window.

I look down at the caller ID before answering the phone.

"Hyung!" the voice yells.

"Aish! Tae. What do you want? You interrupted me in the middle of work." I rub my temples to cure the slight headache forming there as a result of staring at the little words lining the sheets of paper.

"Wha-? Why do I always supposedly 'want' something? Can't I just call to check up on you?" Taehyung snapped.

I stand up from my chair and walk closer to the floor-to-ceiling window, feeling the cool breeze brush against my skin and face. It was actually kinda soothing if I'm being honest.

"No." I stated expressionlessly.

"I'm hurt." Taehyung faked a cry, producing an eyeroll in my nature.

"Okay, but in all honesty, you're right. I didn't just call to check up on you."

"Obviously. What's up?"

Taehyung cleared his throat. "You've got another mission."

I let out a groan and lean my head against the window frame.

"Ugh! Again? Fine. What are my orders?"

I could hear him snickering at my cries of frustration from the other end of the line.

"Um. Well. Honestly, there's not really much info in here."

I could hear Taehyung clicking on a computer mouse like crazy.

"All it says here is that there may be a possible new target in our area for you to keep your eye on."

I comb my fingers through my hair, exposing my forehead in the process.

"That sounds incredibly vague. Is there any more information?"

"Umm kind of. It says that whoever it is is moving into the house nextdoor to you...today."

I cross my free arm over my chest. "So basically I'm just stalking them."

"Not stalking. Spying. Don't forget, you chose this pathway."

I scoffed. "Did not!"

"Did, too!"

I scoffed again. "Whatever."