|FOUR|

The First Promise

*Sang-Hee's POV*

Aish, this boy.

I refuse to be phased by his cheeky charms. I've been here in this position before and, from what I recall, it didn't end so hot for either of us.

I plopped down comfortably into his chair. "Um, actually that's my- Nevermind."

I chuckled a bit to myself, seeing a slightly annoyed expression spread onto his reddening cheeks and curve the corners of his lips down into a thin line. He scuffled around looking through a tall stack of what seemed to be school papers.

Awww, he's a smart boi.

He seemed to be getting frustrated with something.

Honestly, he's kind of adorable when he gets upset.
Like a little kid when someone steals his favorite toy and refuses to give it back.

"What the matter?" I asked, leaning my elbows forward on his desk and resting my head on my hands.

"I can't seem to find my chemistry homework packet." He looked like he was literally about to flip some tables.

"Hey, hey. Calm down, Jiminie. We'll find it."

I kicked back from the chair and began looking around the room for anything that caught my eye. I paused when I walked over to his vanity.

I looked at all of the photos and miscellaneous objects littered across the white marble stone and up onto the mirror. I scooted myself a little closer to the oddly beautiful sight.

There's a fallen picture facing down. Of course, my curiosity got the better of me so I picked it up and held it between my thumb and forefinger. I flipped the image around and felt my heart drop a little in my chest.

"Who-who's this?"

I thought I had only asked this in my head.
I was wrong.

Jimin walked up behind me and snatched the picture out of my hand.

Mmmk Park Jimin.
Or should I say Mister Snatchy McFearson.
What's your problem?

"No one important." He grumbled and hesitated before pinning the picture back up on the vanity.

I thought that maybe there was a hint of sorrow in his gruff, angry voice and staccato actions. I closed in on myself a little.

Control yourself, child.

"What's that under your bed? Could that be the packet?" I tried once more to help without managing to dig my grave faster than it was already being formed.

He snapped his head back and sprinted to his bed with a graceful hop in his step. He sat rigidly on the corner and reached down beneath the mattress, retrieving a small bundle of pages paper-clipped together to keep the papers in order.

I sauntered over to join him and sat on the opposite corner of the extremely fluffy bed. It literally feels like a cloud under my bum.

I adjusted my sitting position so that I was facing him, while he rapidly shuffled through the pages.

Suddenly, like a flash, his eyes darted up from the papers to the vanity again.

"Um. Jimin? Is everything alright?" I inched my way back a little.

His face turned abruptly to look me in the eye.

"Huh?"

"You zoned out."

"I did? Oh. Well, you see, I. . .actually I'm. . . Sang-Hee? Can you be honest with me?"

I hesitantly nod my head at his weirdly formed sentence structure. He stood up from his perch and slammed the papers down on the ground to address me.

"Do you mind if we just ditch the whole homework stuff for today?"

I stood up, too, only to be pushed right back down.

"But doesn't school st-"

"I don't care about tomorrow. I'm a lot farther ahead in school than I'm required to be. So do you mind blowing it off?"

I was appalled.
What is going on his brain?

"Well...that depends. What do you have in mind?"

He devilishly smirked. "Seeings as I just met you today, I want to know more about you. And I also thought maybe I should show you around Seoul a little bit. Something tells me you've never been here before. There's nothing worse than being a stranger in a big city. Except for maybe being alone and lost in a big city." He snickered to himself a little bit.

"I'm glad you find this conversation amusing." I said deadpan.

His smirk reappeared as he continued. "So I was wondering if you'd let me be your personal tour guide."

I just stood with my mouth wide open.

"Wait. Seriously? You'd do that?" He blushed a little bit.

"Well, I mean. That's what friends do, right?"

I brushed a loose strand of hair back behind my chilly ear. "Oh. Okay then. But you have to stay with me. No matter what. You can't leave me alone. Promise?"

He chuckled. "Yeah. I promise."

I took a step closer to him so that our faces were merely inches apart from one another. I lifted my right hand and extended my pinky up in front of my lips.

"Pinky promise?"

He scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Yah! What are we? Three?"

I lifted an eyebrow at him convincingly until he finally managed to give in.

"Fine. Pinky promise."

He lifted his right pinky finger and wrapped it around mine and gently squeezed mine tight.

We released each other's hold and Jimin muttered underneath his breath profusely, but I only caught a few words.

"...so stupid..
..so cute.
Yah!
Who does she think she is?"

I giggled at his adorable, useless grumbling.

WC: 915

AN// Hey, y'all. Hope your week's been a breeze. I wish you all the best of luck on your finals and tests. Love you all so, so much.

If any of my readers should like to chat, my inbox is always open. I'll try to carry on a conversation for as long as possible.

I promise I'm nice😂