|SIX|

For Forever

*Sang-Hee's POV*

I don't know what overcame me to embrace him like that. I just felt like maybe I could finally be free with him around.

Look, I know I promised myself no boys...
but. . .what if I make this one exception?
Just this once?

I mean, he seems like a pretty nice guy.
And he's lowkey kinda cute.

Okay that's a total understatement

He's really cute.

And when we touch it's like we fit into each other perfectly.
Like a missing puzzle piece.

My arms wrapped tightly around the sturdy, tense body of this genuinely warm guy, known as Park Jimin.

I'm nearly 100% positive he won't return the hug, but at this point I just needed closure.

I nestled my freezing nose into Jimin's slightly exposed chest over his T-shirt collar.

I shut my eyes tightly and...
I thought about......him.
My ex.
I....miss him.
A lot.

His little deer eyes.
His perfect sunkissed skin.
His soft, slender lips pressed against my own pale ones. His....touch.

It always sent shivers up my spine.
But I loved it.
I loved him.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I felt two hands delicately slide up to hold me in closer. A growing feeling of nostalgia swept over my body as shivers riveted up my rigid spine, causing me to fall in deeper into Jimin's hold.

Tears threatened to leave the corners of my eyes, but I dug my head deeper into his chest to get rid of those useless tears. His hold on me loosened and I noticed he pushed me away to take a little look at me.

I faked a smile and he returned with a bigger, better, and truer one.

"What was that for?" he asked, still firmly holding my hips in the palms of his hands. I quickly shrugged and averted my gaze down to my feet.

"I just. . .really needed a hug. Is that okay?"

I shuffled my feet a little bit. Jimin's fingers traced the outline of my jaw from behind my ear to the center of my chin, pulling my head up to look him in the eyes.

"You can come to me anytime you need a hug or even just want to talk. I promise to be your very best friend."

I played with the strings on his hoodie as if my life depended on it.

"For. . .forever and always?" I arched one eyebrow up at him in wait for his answer.

"For as long as you need and want me."

I pulled my lower lip in-between my teeth and gnawed on it nervously.

"Pinky promise?" I pulled up my pinky and extended it to him right in front of his nose.

"You're serious?"

"Never been more so in my entire life." I said, teasingly wiggling my pinky to and fro in front of his face.

His hand finally dropped from my waist and I felt my body loosen up a little bit. He rolled his eyes, but I could still see the amusement on his face.

"Pinky promise."

We locked our pinkies together.

And that's when I realized how close we had gotten to each other. I was growing closer to him still until...

*Jimin's POV*

"ChimChim!"

Someone tackled me from the back, breaking me away from Sang-Hee.

A flash of anger ran through my body as I spun around and pinned whoever it was against the side of the building behind us. As I focused on the intruder, I recognized the face.

"Taehyung?"

He started coughing. "Yeah. You're r-ruining the...the Gucci. C-could you l-loosen your-"

I looked down at what he was motioning at and realized my arm was pressed up against his chest, cutting off his air supply (and more importantly to him, wrinkling the Gucci). I released my hold and smacked him lightly across the abdomen.

"What are you doing here, Tae?"

He straightened out his outfit before replying. "I came out here to get some fresh air. You know I have a life outside of school and work, right? Now. Tell me. What are you doing out here?"

Only then did he acknowledge Sang-Hee's presence.

"I was-"

"Oh! You're on a date? How cute! I'm Kim Taehyung." He walked up to Sang-Hee with arms extended embracing her warmly into a hug. "Please, call me Taehyung."

"Um. I'm Choi Sang-Hee. But, you see, me and Jimin-"

I appreciate that she tried to clarify things, but Tae was just too excited.

"Hyung! You never told me you had a girlfriend. How long have you been together?"

"Actually we-" I started.

"Wait, Chimmy. I thought you had work. Why aren't you home? Is it so you can spend time with your girlfriend?"

"TAEHYUNG!" Sang-Hee and I screamed in unison, finally calming the wall-bouncing toddler in front of us.

"We're not dating." She told him straight forward. Maybe it's just me, but I'm pretty sure I heard a sad undertone in her sentence.

AN// Y'all. I'm so sad. I'll never be 15 again. This has been such a crazy year...and I'm so glad it's over.

WC: 838