|TWENTY|

Happiness is fleeting, Joy is everlasting

*Jimin's POV*

I hate this.

I hate not being with Sang-Hee, knowing something could be hurled at her at any giving moment and her, without any source of protection, would fall headlong into the trap laid out before her. And then what?

Everything: gone.

My everything: gone.

Even though I can never be with her so long as she's most definitely my target, I still promise to protect her. And that's a promise I intend to keep for as long as I live.

That. . .kiss last night.

Although it was magnificent, it can't happen again. It was an innocent mistake. Because now, more than anything, I want her.

I want more of her.
I want to be with her.
I want to be hers and only hers.
I can't lose her.

RING!

Shoot! I'm gonna be late for gym!

I ran to my locker and ripped out my gym clothes, a baggy tanktop, basketball shorts, and tennis shoes, and bolted to the locker room. I quickly changed into them and darted into the indoor basketball court.

Everyone's eyes immediately shot at me.
Wait.
No.
Not at me.
Something behind me?

I slowly spun around to see what was the big jawdropper. And down went my jaw, too.

Sang-Hee entered into the arena in her tight T-shirt and shorts. I smiled sweetly at her. But no sooner had the smile appeared, that it vanished.

There, beside her, stood her old friend, Felix, with her fingers entwined with his. I gulped at the sight.

Suddenly, she caught sight of me and let go of his hand. I smiled promptly again. Her hands sprung to her face and she let out the cutest little gasp I've ever heard.

"Jimin! I didn't know you were in this class!"

My hand smoothed through my messy hair as I nervously explained to her. "Well, you see, I wanted to transfer out of my other class to be able to do what I really want to do."

She nodded eagerly. "So you're taking this dance class with me?"

"Indeed."

She held in a gleeful scream before turning around to face the other boy who just stood there quietly, in complete confusion. "I'll see you later, Felix."

She stood up on her tiptoes and pecked his cheek quickly. His face turned cherry red and he scuttled out of the room.

"Ummm?" I gave Sang-Hee a questioning look. She giggled lightly.

"Oh...I'll explain at lunch."

I angled an eyebrow. "You're still sitting with me?"