02

» Yuta's Apartment «

"Thanks for letting me live in your apartment, Taeyong."

"No problem." Taeyong said, mopping the floor. "I also have to thank you for spilling juice on the floor. And even my pants."

Yuta clasped his hands together, his head bowing down. "I'm sorry." He apologizes, his eyes shut tight, feeling guilty for what just happened.

When Yuta finished settling down in the apartment after a day, Taeyong offered him juice as a gift. Later on, Yuta messed up by accidentally dropping the drink out of his hand.

"I didn't think you were this clumsy." Taeyong huffed.

"I'm really sorry, come on." Yuta pouted, trying to make the situation seem less serious for Taeyong.

"If you're sorry, then go to a laundromat and get my pants washed." Taeyong said as he brought out his drenched folded pants.

"You don't have a washing machine? And can't I just wash it by hand?"

"I can't afford a washing machine, and I rather have my pants washed by a machine than your clumsy hands."

"Okay, geez." Yuta sighed and readied himself to go out. He's really pissed. He thought as he went out. He didn't think his second day in Korea would be to piss off his friend and having to go to a laundromat to wash his pants.

» Laundromat «

Yuta arrives in a laundromat, prepared with a laundry detergent. Fortunately, Taeyong gave him his money to pay for having to use the washing machine. Isn't it better to wash it by hand instead of wasting money? Yuta sighed as he checked some of the washing machines.

After finding one he could use, he places the pants inside the machine and closed the door. Yuta's eyes squint while pouring the laundry detergent inside a drawer, choosing the right settings, then finally pressing go.

While waiting for the cycle to end, Yuta turns his head to the right. He finds a man staring at a washing machine, which hasn't started yet. Curious, he walks up to the man.

Yuta stopped on his tracks as he got near, being able to take a clear look of the situation. The man was inspecting the washing machine with a confused look on his face. Yuta figured he probably didn't know how to use one.

"Do you need any help?" Yuta asked, feeling bad just watching the man struggle.

The man turns his head to face Yuta, and his eyes widened as he saw him. "Yuta?"

"Sicheng?" Yuta's eyes widened in surprise as he saw the man's face. "I didn't expect to see you again."

"Y-yeah, me too!" Sicheng said as a cheery smile starts to form on his face. "What are you doing here?"

"My housemate made me go here after I spilled juice on his pants." Yuta scratches his head, embarrassed to tell the ridiculous situation. "He got really pissed at me, which is why I'm here."

Sicheng nodded. "I came here because Jaehyun pushed me to a lake." He pouted. "Well it was an accident, but I'm still mad at him. And he doesn't even own a washing machine."

"Ahh I know how you feel." Yuta sighed. "My housemate doesn't even own a washing machine, and he won't let me wash his pants by hand."

"Why not?"

"He doesn't want me to use my "clumsy hands"."

Both Sicheng and Yuta chuckle. "Well, do you still need help with the washing machine?" Yuta asked, earning another nod from Sicheng.

"Okay, so first you do this..." Yuta starts teaching Sicheng how to use the machine. Since his clothes are already inside the machine, Yuta helps him with other steps. After starting the machine, Yuta and Sicheng sit down while watching the clothes spin.

Yuta looks to Sicheng, and felt his heart go soft as he saw Sicheng's eyes sparkle, watching the clothes spin in awe. He's like a kid. He thought as he tried to suppress his chuckles.

"Oh yeah, Sicheng, how did you not know how to use a washing machine?" Yuta asked, curious about Sicheng.

"My parents don't let me use it, cause I would usually mess with it. I guess that's why they didn't teach me." Sicheng said, awkwardly playing with his sleeve.

Yuta hummed. "My parents are pretty harsh towards me, making me do a lot of chores and making sure I don't get away with anything. But I don't blame them."

Sicheng laughs. "My parents are pretty strict, though I did manage to get away from them a couple of times."

"You're a naughty kid." Yuta said, playfully pinching Sicheng's cheeks. Yuta looks to his left and sees the washing machine he used slow down. "I'll go get that." Yuta gave Sicheng's cheeks one last squeeze before leaving to get the pants.

As the Japanese male took the soaked clothing, Yuta goes to find a dryer and checks the inside first. He then places the pants inside the dryer and selected the appropriate settings. Afterwards, he goes back to Sicheng.

"Where did you go?" Sicheng asked, looking at Yuta.

"I went to find the dryer. Why? Were you lonely?" Yuta teased, making Sicheng blush and look away. He sat next to Sicheng and continued to watch the clothes spin with him.

"Wait, what's a dryer?" Sicheng questioned as he realized what Yuta said.

"Uhh, it's a machine that can dry your clothes."

"Oh..." Yuta noticed the embarrassed look on Sicheng's face, and tried to hold in another chuckle. Yuta then thinks that Sicheng might not know how to use it, since there are some Korean words in the machine that he might get confused with. "Want me to teach you again?"

Sicheng nodded. As the clothes spinning began to slow down, Sicheng waits for it to fully stop, so that he could take the clothes. After waiting, Sicheng opens the door and places his clothes inside a basket. Sicheng stood up, with Yuta following him to find the dryers.

Just like what they did with the washing machine, Yuta taught Sicheng how to use the dryer. Afterwards, they start chatting while waiting for the machines to finish. Later, the dryer Yuta used stopped and Yuta went to grab the pants.

"Since I'm done here, I'll get going. See you, Sicheng." Yuta said as he walked to the exit. Before leaving, Yuta feels a hand tugging his arm. "Sicheng?"

"At that airport, I was about to ask for your phone number, but got interrupted." Sicheng then pulled out his phone. "If it's okay, could I have your phone number?"

Yuta was surprised at first, but he chuckled and pulled out his phone as well. "Sure thing."

After exchanging their numbers, Yuta exited the laundromat, while Sicheng stayed, waiting for his clothes to dry.

» Sicheng's Apartment «

"I'm back." Sicheng said as he let himself in the apartment.

"Welcome back." Jaehyun greeted him. Sicheng walked inside his room to set his clothes inside his closet. Later, he went to go to the living room just to lay on the couch and watch TV.

However, instead of focusing on the TV, he focuses on his phone, staring at the screen with a grin on his face.

"Why are you grinning?" Jaehyun cocked his eyebrow.

"I finally made a friend." Sicheng said, still staring at the contact name.

"What about me? I'm your friend, aren't I?" Jaehyun pouted jokingly.

"You are not my friend." Sicheng pouted, turning away from Jaehyun.