16

« Outside »

Yuta sits down on a rock, staring at the sky absentmindedly while watching the snowfalls. Yuta finds the sight beautiful, and he's glad he got to experience snow again. He misses the cold weather and the fun snowball fights. But most importantly, he's glad he got to experience it with someone.

As Yuta turns his attention to Sicheng, who's rolling up a ball of snow, he smiles as he watches the Chinese male enjoy himself. Back then, he only had his family to play with in the snow. While Yuta does have some friends in Japan, they didn't hang out with him during winter times.

It was always the same excuses. Saying that their parents want them to shovel the snow, saying that they needed to stay home with their family, saying that they're sick and many more excuses. Yuta knew they were lies ever since he caught some of his friends playing in the snow without him.

Even though they apologized, Yuta still felt bitter about the memory, unable to experience it with friends. Looking at Sicheng and the others, he feels better seeing them have fun.

Before Yuta knew it, a snowball suddenly hits his face and made him snap out of his thoughts.

He looks to the direction where the snowball came from and finds Taeyong standing there, picking up another snowball. This immediately made him stood up and pick up some snow, rolling it while running away from Taeyong's sight.

The moment Taeyong turned around, Yuta threw the snowball right directly at Taeyong's face. Yuta cackles loudly as he runs away, while Taeyong glares at Yuta and starts picking up more snowballs.

The snowball fight continues and what Yuta just realized now is that even Jaehyun and Doyoung joined in the fight. He curses Jaehyun and Taeyong for teaming up together, while Doyoung wanted to go on his own.

While the snowball fight was going on, Taeil is helping Sicheng build a snowman. As much as Taeil wanted to join in the fun, it's hard keeping up with the others since they're fast. Sicheng doesn't even want to get involved in the mess.

Sicheng places another ball of snow on top of the figure and he steps back to take a good look at the snowman. Thankfully, it seemed like it won't fall anytime soon.

"Do you have anything to decorate his face?" Taeil asked he picked up some small rocks on the ground. Sicheng looked around and a tiny stick caught his attention. He immediately ran up to it and grabbed it.

"This is for the nose," Sicheng said as he raises the stick. Taeil nods and Sicheng proceeded to place the stick on the snow. Taeil helps by putting the rocks, making the ball of snow look like it has eyes and a mouth.

Sicheng pats the snow after finishing the face. He smiles proudly as the snowman turned out well, thanks to Taeil's help as well. As he turns around, he sees the other four, exhausted. They're laying on the snow, trying to catch their breath.

"How long have you guys been playing?" Taeil said as he crosses his arms, looking at the four laying on the snow.

"No clue," Yuta replied. He then starts swinging his arms and legs, making a snow angel. This caught Sicheng's attention and he watches Yuta make a snow angel.

Afterwards, Yuta gets up from the snow and looks at the snow angel made on the snow. He then turns his attention to the snowman Sicheng made, which he excitedly walked up to it and took a good look at the snowman.

"This looks so cute!" Yuta said as he stares at the snowman. Sicheng shoves his hands in his pocket as he walked next to Yuta, looking at the snowman with him.

"You think so?" Sicheng replied, still proud of his work.

"Of course," Yuta grinned at Sicheng.

Sicheng's heart thumped at Yuta's smile, a smile that he likes. Maybe Yuta's smile is his favorite. Right now at this moment, Sicheng understood the warm feeling in his heart and his stomach churning when it comes to Yuta. It was always Yuta that made his heart feel warm, and Sicheng starts to understand.

He turned to look at the snowman, a smile still on his face.

"Thank you."

»«

The group decided to split up as they wanted to go to other places on their own. Yuta and Sicheng walked together, not knowing where to go. They didn't have a plan of where to go, so they decided to just stroll around the town.

There was not much people around now as it was getting dark. Yuta and Sicheng didn't feel like going home yet, they wanted to walk around the town instead. It was peaceful, and the two wanted to go around with the quiet atmosphere.

The lesser people there was, the more calmer Yuta felt. It's nice seeing people play around in the snow, but with how quiet the town is now, Yuta smiles to himself, his heart feeling content with the silence. The only sounds there are his and Sicheng's feet walking on the snow and their cold breathing.

As he and Sicheng continue to stroll around the town, Yuta feels something holding his hand. He looks to his hand and finds Sicheng's hand holding his. That surprised Yuta.

"Do you... Do you mind, Yuta?" Sicheng mumbled, but it was clear enough for Yuta to hear.

Yuta pressed his lips tight, still surprised by Sicheng's boldness. "I don't mind," he replied as he proceeded to tighten the hold.

Sicheng nods and the two continue to walk together, holding their hands together. While Sicheng was trying his best not to look, Yuta looked at Sicheng and he almost lets out a chuckle at how shy Sicheng seems.

"So obvious," Yuta mumbled.

"Did you say something?"

"Nope."