14

« Café »

After finally adding new foods and drinks into the menu, many customers took notice of the new menu items and ordered for them. Turns out a lot of people enjoyed them, so some of the new foods and drinks almost ran out.

"Looks like it was a success," Doyoung said as he brought out fresh drinks, bringing them to customers.

"That's true," Taeyong said as he turned to look at Yuta and Sicheng. "Both of you were the ones who suggested most of these right? Good job."

Yuta smiles brightly at the compliment along with Sicheng. "Thanks! I knew the cat-shaped marshmallows would pull off!"

"And the bubble milk tea," Sicheng added.

"That too," Yuta grinned.

The doorbell chimes through the room and Taeyong bowed his head in front of the customer, welcoming them to the café. The moment Taeyong straightened his back and looked at the customer, he stepped back when he recognized them.

"Jaehyun?" Taeyong said, surprised to see his lover come in.

"Hey, I left work early today." Jaehyun said with his dimples visible. "I came here to just check on you. How is it working here?"

"It's not so bad," Taeyong replied. He then proceeded to guide Jaehyun to an empty table, one where Jaehyun can sit alone and not be seen by a lot of customers. Yuta and Sicheng looked at each other and immediately knew what was Taeyong's reasoning for leading Jaehyun to a table with two chairs facing each other.

After guiding Jaehyun to a table, Taeyong asks what Jaehyun wants to order. Jaehyun looks at the menu and ordered some of the new menu items while Yuta and Sicheng watched them. As Jaehyun finished ordering, Taeyong gave a small kiss to Jaehyun before leaving to get what he ordered.

Yuta and Sicheng simultaneously gagged when they saw the scene, and Taeyong just glares at them before disappearing into the back room.

Taeil hummed as he looked at the two who gagged at the sight of the couple. He turned to look at Doyoung and the two locked eyes for a moment until they looked back at Yuta and Sicheng.

"Yuta, Sicheng." Taeil called them as he saw how the café calmed down. "How long have you known these two? Jaehyun and Taeyong."

"I've known Taeyong for a long time," Yuta answered.

"Same with Jaehyun," Sicheng answered as well.

Doyoung chuckles at the two of them. "I'm guessing they've been doing this often in front of you guys."

"Pretty much," Yuta said while Sicheng agreed to Yuta.

Taeil and Doyoung don't say anything else. Even though they wanted to tease the two of them for their reactions to the lovers, they decided not to. They knew it would make them uncomfortable, so they thought to let Yuta and Sicheng figure things out for themselves.

Taeyong comes out of the back room holding a tray filled with delicious foods and drinks. As Taeyong placed the tray on Jaehyun's table, Jaehyun thanks him and looks at him with loving eyes. Taeyong looks at the two drinks on the tray, wondering why Jaehyun ordered two. Then he realized as soon as Jaehyun pointed at the seat in front of him.

Taeyong looks at Taeil, and Taeil gives him an 'OK' sign, signaling that he can take a break and chat with Jaehyun. Taeyong takes a seat in front of Jaehyun, now chatting with his boyfriend.

Yuta and Sicheng still watch the couple, watching how comfortable and how well they get along with each other. Taeyong would sometimes think that Jaehyun's like a baby with him, but when Yuta and Sicheng looked at the couple, they know that Taeyong isn't any different from Jaehyun.

Yuta takes a quick glance at Sicheng, wanting to see the Chinese man's reaction. However, Sicheng's face was unreadable to Yuta. Yuta shrugs and looks away from Sicheng, with Sicheng looking at him next.

Yuta's face was unreadable as well, so Sicheng couldn't grasp on what the other was thinking. He looked away and turned his attention back to the couple until the bell chimed, making them work again.

"This is painful to watch," Taeil commented quietly, raising his voice a bit so Doyoung can hear him.

"Not really," Doyoung replied. "I guess they're too scared to admit they like each other."

"Hmm, I guess you're right." Taeil hums, tapping his fingers on the counter.

While Yuta and Sicheng asked customers for their orders, they would sometimes bump into each other and giggle nervously when it happens. Then there would be times where they accidentally make eye contact with each other and the two of them get shy afterwards.

Thinking about it, these two just started acting weird after looking at Jaehyun and Taeyong being all lovey-dovey. Doyoung almost cringes watching Yuta and Sicheng bump into each other.

"You're right, this is painful to watch."