04

« Yuta and Taeyong's apartment »

"Taeyong, I'm planning to get a job." Yuta spoke up. Taeyong turned to him with a surprised look on his face.

"Sure, but what kind of job?"

"I'm not sure yet, but I need some money."

"Doesn't everyone?"

"You're right." Yuta shrugged. "But seriously, I need to find a place I can work at."

"Well, I have this friend who owns a café. I think he'd appreciate it if you decide to apply there." Taeyong said as he looked at his phone. He tapped a picture and showed his phone screen to Yuta. "This is how the café looks like."

Yuta looked at the picture and the café looked like a normal café. Though the café looked much more cuter with the soft brown colors. "How many people are working there?" Yuta asked while still looking at the picture.

"There's only two of them right now."

"Two?" Yuta turned to Taeyong with a confused look on his face. "I expected like four people working there."

Taeyong hummed in response. "Are you interested though? I can give you the address and the owner's phone number."

"Yeah, I'm interested."

Taeyong went back to using his phone, tapping on his screen. "This is the address of the café, and their phone number."

Yuta looked at the screen again and made sure to take note of the information. After taking note, Yuta thanked Taeyong and went back inside his room.

"Maybe I should tell Sicheng about me getting a job." Yuta grinned as he opened his laptop, excited to tell his friend.

« Sicheng and Jaehyun's apartment »

"Sicheng, how about getting a job?" Jaehyun asked as he arrived in Sicheng's bedroom.

"No way." Sicheng said while looking at his laptop. "I want to stay in my room and watch dramas all day."

Jaehyun rolled his eyes at him. "Yeah right, dramas. You're watching One Piece again."

Sicheng shrugged. "Why did you ask though?"

"I was curious since a friend of mine needs more people to work with them." Jaehyun sat down next to Sicheng. "I wanted to check if you needed a job."

Sicheng hummed. He continues watching the video displaying in his screen, then a notification pops up. At first, he was planning to ignore it and continue watching, until he saw it was a message from Yuta. He paused the video and checked Yuta's messages.

nayuta
hey sicheng!!
im going to apply for a job soon
since im bored doing nothing at home
and i need money

sicheng
oh that's good
what kind of job is it??

nayuta
im just going to apply at a cafe
the cafe looks pretty nice tho

"This is the first time I saw you pause a video after getting a notification from someone." Jaehyun smiled, his dimples visibly showing. "You usually ignore people's messages until you finish a video."

Sicheng blushes, but ignores Jaehyun's words, as he continues typing on his keyboard.

sicheng
what does the cafe look like??

nayuta
here
[nayuta has sent a photo]

"Wait." Jaehyun said as he saw the photo and pointed at it. "That's the café my friend is working at."

Sicheng looked to Jaehyun, then to his screen. He starts typing another message.

sicheng
maybe i should try to apply a job there
im bored at home too
and i need money

"Liar, you thought of that just because Yuta wanted to work there."

"Shut up!" Sicheng's cheeks turned beet red as Jaehyun pointed out his motivation, failing to just ignore his friend.

nayuta
u should!
having u there would be nice too
plus i feel less nervous coming there with a friend

sicheng
same here
when r u planning to go there??

nayuta
tomorrow
im going to call them today tho

sicheng
ooo i see
ill try to do the same too

nayuta
since ur going there tomorrow too
let's go there together!

sicheng
sure, that's a good idea

"You sure you didn't fall for him?"

"Stop teasing me already!"

"You didn't answer my question." Jaehyun smiled smugly, earning a glare from Sicheng.

"No, I didn't fall for him. I just thought it'd be nice if I get closer with him." Sicheng said as he calmed down. Though the red in his cheeks barely faded away. Jaehyun just hummed in response.

nayuta
oh right
should i send u the address of the place and the owner's phone number??

Sicheng looked to Jaehyun. "Do you have the owner's phone number?"

"Yep." Jaehyun pulled out his phone, showing the number. "Do you want me to call them for you?"

"No, I'll call them myself." Sicheng shook his head. "I think my Korean is getting better, so..."

Jaehyun nodded and smiled. "That's good. Let me know if you're going to call them." He then stood up and walked to the door, leaving Sicheng alone in his room. After Jaehyun left, Sicheng turned his attention back to his laptop.

sicheng
u can just send me the address
jaehyun gave me the owner's phone number

nayuta
ohh ok!
ill tell you more after i call the owner

Sicheng smiled reading the messages. He clicked on another site to continue watching One Piece. While clicking for the next episode, he looks to his phone laying next to him. He contemplates for a while, then takes his phone, calling the owner.

Sicheng was nervous and was having trouble speaking Korean. Eventually the phone call was simple and short, which made Sicheng relieved, and he continued watching One Piece.