15

« Café »

The day isn't anything special. It was a simple day where the five of them are working in the café. They got used to how many customers come in, so they felt comfortable and less pressured when working in the café — especially Taeyong.

"Taeil-Hyung," Sicheng walked up to Taeil while holding an empty tray. "I forgot to ask, but where are you holding the Christmas party?"

Taeil smiles at Sicheng. "It'll be held in me and Doyoung's house," he said.

Sicheng nods at Taeil's answer. "That reminds me, isn't it—"

"It'll be in a week, we promise." Taeil finished.

Sicheng's eyes sparkled at he heard that, even Yuta who just came back from serving a customer. Taeil almost laughs as he noticed how Yuta immediately whipped his head around when he heard Taeil's response.

Taeyong comes out of the toilet and finds both Yuta's and Sicheng's eyes sparkling. He turned to Taeil, confused on what he missed out on.

Taeil shrugs. "They're excited about the Christmas party."

"Christma—oh yeah." Taeyong cut himself off as he realized. "It's in a week, right?"

"Right," Taeil nodded.

Yuta and Sicheng then snapped out of their thoughts as soon as they heard the doorbell ring with customers coming in the café. They immediately went back to work while Taeyong leaned onto the counter.

Doyoung comes out of the back room with a box. Taeyong arched an eyebrow as he saw the box, then looked at Taeil.

"Thanks, Doie." Taeil said as he carries the box and places it on the counter. He opens the box and peeks inside the it, his lips curling into a smile as he was satisfied.

"What is it?" Taeyong asked, curious.

"Oh, nothing." Taeil closes the box and hands it back to Doyoung. "It's just decorations for the Christmas party."

"Decorations?" Taeyong watched Doyoung walk away and enter the back room. "Why are the decorations here though?"

"I asked to ship it here," Taeil answered, which Taeyong hummed in response.

"Do you need any help decorating for the party?" Taeyong offered, wanting to help out the couple.

Taeil shakes his head. "No need. Besides, I planned something for the party."

Taeyong grew suspicious as Taeil said that. "Is Doyoung involved in this?"

"Nope, not at all," Taeil denied. The cheery smile on his face isn't helping either.

"Taeil, I've known you long enough to know that you're hiding something." Taeyong pointed at Taeil as if he committed a crime.

"Of course I'm hiding something, it's a surprise." Taeil cheekily replied.

"I..." Taeyong sighs. "I swear to god, just don't try anything. I'm not going to forget what happened last Christmas party."

"It wasn't anything bad though."

"You and Doyoung scared the hell out of me when I came to your place. I thought I entered a haunted house instead of a party."

"It was funny how you were screaming and running away from us," Doyoung chipped in as he popped his head out of the back room.

"I'm never trusting you two again."

"Look forward to the Christmas party," Doyoung giggled as he hid himself in the back room. Doyoung's giggles made it worse for Taeyong.

»«

"Hyung, we're taking a break!" Yuta said as he waved to Taeil while walking next to Sicheng. Taeil nods with approval and both Yuta and Sicheng head into the back room. Taeyong and Doyoung are serving customers right now, so Yuta and Sicheng rest in the back room without any worries.

Yuta and Sicheng take a seat next to each other, both letting out a sigh from all the work. They space out for a moment, until Sicheng straightens his back and looks at Yuta.

"Since the Christmas party is next week, shouldn't we buy gifts for each other?"

Yuta looks at Sicheng as he realized. "Oh yeah, I forgot about that."

"Should we ask Taeil-Hyung or Doyoung-Hyung?"

"No need," Yuta pats Sicheng's arm. "I heard them talking about exchanging gifts, so I'm sure they have that planned out already."

"If you say so." Sicheng turns his attention to Yuta's hand, noticing the warm feeling against his skin. "Yuta, your hand is warm."

"Really?" Yuta removes his hand from Sicheng's arm and splays his hand wide. "Want to hold it?"

"Sure." Without a word, Sicheng holds Yuta's hand with his cold hand. He stares at their intertwined hands, liking the warm feeling from Yuta's hand against his. Before he realized it, he looks up and sees Yuta's lips form a shy smile.

"Oh! Uhm—" Sicheng removes his hand from Yuta's, embarrassed about what he did. Yuta didn't seem to mind though as he then proceeded to intertwine their hands again.

"It's okay, you're cold right?" Yuta said as he tightens his hold while flashing a sweet smile to Sicheng.

"Y-yeah, I am..." Sicheng looks down as he watches their hands, his cheeks flushing from the sight.

He smiles a bit, enjoying this moment.