Part 29

Before anyone could ask Riskel what had transpired, another male had come out of a house, absolutely confused. Unlike Riskel's pale skin, his was dark, almost caramel-like, and his eyes were a soft gold color, getting darker as the moments passed. A tunic of dark blue and trousers of black clad his legs, and soft-soled boots laced up his legs.

 "What is going on?" He asked, his voice smooth as Riskel simply walked over to him, resting his head on the male's shoulder.

 "Bad things, love." Riskel mumbled, heaving a sigh as Jewelle raced over to the male vampire, clutching his leg.

 "Sissy's missing and it's all Killian's fault!" Jewelle squeaked, gripping the man's leg.

 He slightly turned to Riskel, pressing a kiss to the temple of the vampire. "Darling, apple of my eye, you do have a job to do."

 Riskel sighed heavily, pulling away from the man with a slight pout. "I know, Asmodeus....." He said, stalking over to a vampire from the Nightwing coven, one that tried to shrink back behind the crowd. Blood, blood from her clansmembers, soaked the man's shirt, his pants, and his chin.  Fear was written in his dark eyes, as he tried to shirk back from Riskel's advancement.

 "You have done many things, Killian." Riskel said, glaring at the man. "For starters, you led an attack on a clan that was entirely innocent in any matters concerning us. Second, when halted by someone, my sister to be exact, your course of action was to go for her throat. And finally, your actions have caused her to be taken by the very demon you let yourself be led by." Riskel spat out the last part, and Gene's mind remembered the demon in the village when she had found Riskel and Jewelle. 

 She nestled just a bit closer to Kaiju, tilting her head and unsure of what Riskel would do.

 "Will anyone speak for your life?" Riskel asked, crossing his arms as a loose circle formed around him and Killian.

 There was no response, as the Shadowstalkers who had come out of their homes had no say, Genevieve and Kaiju had no say. The only say that mattered would've come from the Nightwing clan themselves, and not a single soul piped up.

 Kaiju inhaled. He declared, "Allow me then that we take this to the proper courts of Brausshern, and let this be heard for all to decide."

 All eyes turned to Riskel, who glared at Killian. "Lucky day for you, I've witnessed enough death for this day...." He mumbled, waving his hand in blatant dismissal. "And I have no desire to add to it."

 Killian's hand rose to protect his throat, fear of the younger man before him shining clear in his eyes.

 Kaiju reshifted and walked over to Killian. He knelt down, eye level to eye level. He asked in a soft, kind tone, "Tell me everything."

 "Stupid bitch got between me and a meal." Killian said, his voice slightly snappish, though there was no masking the fear in his eyes. "The demon man put the idea in our heads, revenge for everything, for taking our laborers!"

 Riskel stalked over to Asmodeus Shadowstalker, once again resting his head on the other vampire's shoulder.

 "Wouldn't let us go past, so I ripped into her throat. Thought she was dead but the demon man must've snatched her up." Killian finished, clearly sweating from the hole Riskel was glaring into his head.

 Kaiju nodded. He stood and announced, "We will take this to Brausshern at first light. If you have the heart, climb on. On foot it will be a long run for all."