Chapter 24

"Where the hell have you been" Alex's mum gasped, her eyes wild, frantic - yet tinged with anger more dark and sinister than Alex had previously seen. Not even a minute had passed since Alex had returned home, and both of his parents' were livid. They'd both taken the day off work to wait for Alex, and it was clear that they weren't about to let him get away without an explanation.

Alex, without a word, went straight to his room. The angry, dulcet tones of his parents' shouting punctuated the air, and with a sigh he flopped onto his bed, thoughts of the previous night clouding his head and leaving him unable to focus. His mind raced, and a blush rose to his cheeks as he thought about the previous night.

Previously:

"So, what movie do you want to watch?" Ashton asked, amiably learning against a cushion with one arm over the edge of the couch. They had just arrived at Ashton's place after their date night, and Alex was relieved that it seemed to be all to themselves. He assumed his family, being bakers, were working.

"Honestly, I don't care," Alex responded easily. It was true - he would watch anything if it were with Ashton.

"Okay, your funeral."

Ashton chose to watch Dunkirk, much to Alex's surprise.

"I never took you for a history person."

"Well, there's lots you don't know about me, Winters," he responded with a slight smirk.

They watched the movie in silence, for the most part, and Alex found it more engaging than he'd expected. He pretended not to notice as Ashton shuffled closer, and by the end of the movie, they were in quite a comfortable, close, position on the small couch. Alex took a deep breath, smelling Ashton's cologne. Their bodies were so close, and Alex was sure Ashton could feel his heart beat rhythmically through his shirt.

"I don't know about you," Ashton muttered, leaning slightly closer so that his breath tickled Alex's ear, "but I'm hungry."

Alex laughed - a soft, breathless sound due to their close proximity. He tried not to make his flustered state noticeable. "You're always hungry."

Ashton laughed, pulling away. Alex assumed he was going to the kitchen, and followed behind.

"So," Ashton asked, rifling through various kitchen utensils, "what do you feel like?"

Alex thought about it for a moment. "Chicken soup?"

Ashton glanced at him for a moment with an amused expression on his face. "You really are an old man. Want prunes with that?"

"Shut up," Alex laughed, fondly shoving the other with his hand. Ashton, however, had the better reflex and caught the offending arm, quickly pulling Alex into a swift tackle. He leaned over, resting his weight on his hands, which were now next to Alex's head. Their now rugged breaths were the only sounds either of them could hear as Alex stood, pushed against the wall. He felt close to Ashton - both physically and mentally; something he hadn't felt before. In those split seconds before Ashton's touch, every nerve in Alex's body lit on fire.

Alex wasn't thinking when he kissed Ashton after that. But he was thinking, with vivid clarity when they headed toAshton's room. He knew where this was leading. In fact, they both knew.

And he was ready. Ready when Ashton tugged his shirt swiftly over his head. Ready when they lay together, undressed on Ashton's bed.

Alex wasn't sure how long they spent in Ashton's room, but as their breaths combined in pure lust, Alex found himself losing focus. So what if he didn't go home? So what if his parents' would be mad?