Chapter 5

Chapter 5

   “Levi, do I have to clean the room?” I complained while tugging on his sleeve. He glared at me saying, “Of course, that room is filthy.”

   “Wh-” Suddenly a thunderous roar is heard, shaking the whole house. Many things were heard shattering and breaking while the room was still rumbling. The impact charged me into the wall, making me hit my head. My eyes were ringing and my vision collided. Soon, it was over and only a couple of creaks were heard with my head back to normal. I heard frantic screams and cries as rumbling was heard.

   “Levi, what was that?” I questioned with a quivering voice. He was busy assembling his 3D Maneuver Gear together but responded with, “It’s probably-”

    “Titans! There are titans hurry to the gates and-” a voice started but was abruptly cut off.

    “Hurry and get your gear on, those sh*tty titans are here,” Levi said while looking out the window. I obeyed his command and got my gear on however fumbled the pieces around a bit when I saw titans eating the people but getting them killed too. After I got ready, we jumped out the window.

   There were many people crying for help as the titans snatched them off the ground. I winced as blood splattered everywhere after the person was eaten. However, I howled in pain as I watched a titan get slaughtered by a Survey Corps member. Why… wasn’t killing Erik enough? The titans are just hungry, right? The memories flooded my mind again, brainwashing me and taking over. What was I doing, training with these traitors? For some peculiar reason, I felt some connection with the titans, almost as if I were them. I feel their pain, their agony, their misunderstandings. Every time a titan died, something within me died. Before when Lukas was telling me about family, he told me they were important and the people I loved. He also told me that when they die, it hurts deeply, as if something was empty. That person could never come back after death and I would never be able to see them. Death was a horrible experience for most and I was experiencing my family being killed. The titans were my family… Erik was my family. I understand now. That’s why when a titan dies, tears fall out of my eyes because they’re family. Then, I saw a soldier by the name of Elizabeth, now attempting to kill a titan.

~*~ FLASHBACK OF ELIZABETH

    “These are fake titan models and they are fairly big but nothing compared to real ones. Some will be rotating a bit and you need to slice a wedge right here in this block of wood. Do you understand? Don’t worry, it’s not that bad. I remember when I was training here. Some idiot friend of mine cut a piece of the wood but the goofball of the trainee squad was right behind her. The piece of wood that was sliced rammed right into his face and it was hilarious. There was some dejavu thing going on because it happened a lot and every time he made up a new battle cry as he was hit. It’s fun, trust me,” Elizabeth reassured, giving me a warm smile that could make everyone happy, brightening everyone’s days. Her curly, blonde hair complimented her pale skin with soothing blue eyes. She was a real beauty with lots of guys blushing because of her. Although Levi wouldn’t blush, he would acknowledge her presence because of her contagious smile. I wasn’t surprised when she said she was dating but I was a little shocked when her boyfriend was the goofball in her story. They were a real sweet couple as I found out later, sharing each other’s food and being all lovey-dovey. She always helped me with many things and created many sweet moments for everyone.

~*~

   I’m sorry, Elizabeth. This titan is my family and I must protect it. Right before Elizabeth swung at the titan’s neck, I swooped over and cut off her wires. She was in shock so the titan successfully grabbed her. However, she wouldn’t give up without a fight because she sliced the titan’s hand apart. She is a pro after all. I guess I have to take some measures because she’ll never be as good as me. I’m just protecting my family. Sighing, I hooked onto the titan’s back and slapped her blades away with my blades. The metal clang of the two blades clashing and her screams were all I heard as I was moving on. “Why, Ria?” she whispered as the titan grabbed her before she got new blades out, eating her.