Chapter 6

Chapter 6

(THIRD PERSON POV UNTIL ~*~)

   “Is that Ria?” Levi grunted while seeing a girl in the distance on the rooftop. He watched the whole scene unfold before him, with the titan attacking her and Ria doing nothing. “Damnit, is she that stupid?” He started to maneuver towards her but he was helpless. Levi was too far away to save her in time. By the time he was close enough to kill the titan, Ria was already gone into the titan’s mouth. “Ria!”

   Levi was going in for the kill but in his peripheral vision, he saw Lukas about to be grabbed by a titan from behind. No point in going after Ria when she’s already dead. Levi thought, hooking and grappling to save Lukas. He arrived in time, slashing the titan’s arm that wrapped around Lukas’s body.

   “H-heichou! Thank you, I owe you my life now,” Lukas declared with great reverence, gasping for breath. He put his hands in a salute while he bowed, a couple tears creeping out.

   “Tsk. There’s no need for that because I just saved it. Now get back to work,” Levi muttered, cursing while still thinking about Ria.

   “Do you know where Ria is? I can’t find her, but it is a big town,” Lukas asked, having no clue about what happened. He looked up uncertainly after Levi didn’t respond and started to start to scratch the back of his head while he joked, “Ria couldn’t be dead, right?”

   “Yeah, that f*cking girl got grabbed by a titan. I’m assuming she’s dead,” Levi sighed while looking elsewhere, gazing into the sky.

   “W-what? We have to save her! Maybe she’s not dead, maybe she’s still inside alive,” Lukas assured, changing his blades.

   “What are you talking about? Don’t get your personal feelings involved in this when you could be saving other people’s lives,” Levi considered with a stern face.

   “You don’t want her to die either, right heichou?” Lukas reminded with a sudden change of tone. His eyes were serious and blank while his voice was calm but concerned.

   It didn’t take long for Levi to agree silently by following Lukas. They dodged other titans and whipped around to avoid buildings. The wind was hissing at their faces but they endured it, flying with the wind. Even though they saw other people getting eaten, they had to resist the urge to save them because they only had one goal in mind: save Ria. Blood, fear, and agony chorused in town while Levi and Lukas swished through. Soon, the titan was right in front of them, casually walking with an empty mind. Stupid b*stard. Levi thought.

   “By saving Ria, do you mean you want to kill that titan?” Levi questioned with a fixed glare on the titan.

   “Yes, and then after it can’t regenerate, we can cut the body from the outside to see if Ria is alive in the titan’s stomach,” Lukas suggested.

   “Do you really think that’s going to work?” Levi whispered to himself.

   “All right, here goes!” Lukas hooked onto the titan’s neck and positioned himself to attack. He fell through and attempted to slice its neck, but it suddenly veered to the right. The motion was so quick that it flung Lukas into the shingles of the roof. It lazily turned around and stared at Lukas while it slowly reached its hand out. Levi reacted swiftly, spinning his blades around which accelerated his speed towards the titan. He was about to chop off the titan’s hand but it moved with such reflexes that it matched with Levi’s. However, Levi instinctively jumped off the hand and landed on the roof with Lukas.

   “Lukas!” Lukas started moving stiffly and jerked around. There was blood around his eyes and forehead but he started to stand, using one knee and then his hand. “Do you think that’s enough to kill me?” Lukas chuckled, gripping his shoulder that was maimed and bleeding. His legs or arms didn’t seem to be crippled and were bleeding a bit but nothing major. However, he seemed to have changed with a wild look in his eyes, with fury and anger towards the titan. It was almost as if there was a silent, invisible flame in his eyes, igniting his skills and rage. The flame sharpened his senses and burning passion to kill the titan. “You’re going to need more than that to kill me,” Lukas noted cockily, moving his head around, cracking his neck. A smirk made its way onto his face and he rushed into the air, the domain of Survey Corps members. He unleashed his sharpened blades, the ones located in the top right, the ones he believed were special. Those were to the ones he killed his first titan with, the ones that saved so many lives, and the ones that were going to finish off that titan.