Chapter 10

Chapter 10

   Yay! Today was our break day well, a break after we clean on orders from Levi. My rest is more important than clean facilities right now! They’re clean enough anyway. After polishing the window one last time after three previous times because they were still filthy (according to Levi-clean-freak), I stretched my sore arms and searched for the others. I had no idea what crazy, ridiculous thing we were going to do today but as long as it’s fun, I’m all for it. Not letting Levi know is the problem…

   “What are we going to do today?” I asked after gathering everyone.

   “Prank Wars!” Connie suggested while looking around to see if anyone agreed. No one showed any sign of enthusiasm for that idea.

   “Let’s eat! We have a break so we should be able to eat whatever we want,” Sasha pointed out with drool seeping out of her mouth.

   “Well, we can eat anytime we want. Let’s do something we can’t do during normal days,” I reminded.

   After that everyone had a serious face on and went into thinking mode. Idea after idea, there wasn’t anything we could all agree on. It was either split between yes and no and then there were fights and arguments involved. Sometimes it was just someone proposing an idea but no one liked it. Even my ideas failed… because I never said any. A while later, everyone was frustrated since we were just wasting our precious break time. It was a one-time chance to have freedom and we weren’t taking advantage of that. But for the first time, luck decided to treat us well.

   “How about Capture the Flag?” someone asked. Everyone looked at the person dumbfound only to see Lukas.

   “What’s Capture the Flag?” I inquired.

   “It’s a game with two teams and each team has a flag and a base. The other team has to take the opponent’s flag and bring it back to their base to win. The same goes for the opponent’s team. There are different variations of it with different rules to make it fun for everyone,” Armin, the smarty pants, answered. I’m guessing he read up on it somewhere.

   Lukas smirked while saying, “We could use the woods for training with the fake titans to play the game. Everyone could wear their cape a bit loose and when another person from the opposing team pulls it off, you are out. The people who are out must go to a jail zone by the opposing team’s base. A fellow teammate must rescue you before being caught and can only save one person at a time. There will be two color-coordinated flags which are bundles of clothes. One flag will be placed in the team’s base while another may be hidden. To win, you must bring both bundles into your own base before the other team does the same. Signal flares are allowed but blades aren’t. You may use physical combat but no killing or severely injuring others. Use strategies, hide the bundles well, and use what you’ve learned in training. You may only stay in the woods during the game. I’ll join the odd team because there isn’t an even number of people. If there is an emergency, use the black flare. There will be two teams: blue and red. Go pick your teams but remember your teammates because everyone is going to wear his or her uniform. Oh and don’t worry, I won’t tell Levi or anyone else. Remember to not use up all your gas because there aren’t any refills. Does everyone agree?”

   Everyone nodded and the team choosing began. Blue team was made up of Eren, Armin, Mikasa, Connie, Sasha, and me while Red team was Reiner, Bertolt, Jean, Christa and Ymir. Let’s start the game!

~*~

   We arrived and prepared the woods for the game. Bases, jails, and flags (bundles of clothes) were marked with red or blue fabric. Now with everyone at their base, we were ready to start.