Chapter 15

Chapter 15

   “Lukas I have to tell you about something. It’s… kind of important,” I confessed, fiddling with the crumpled letter held behind my back.

   Lukas curiously peered at me, wondering what could be so important. He questioned, “What is it?”

   “I know! She’s going to confess her hidden love for you! See that?” Erik pointed to the letter, “That’s a love letter! Ria probably doesn’t have the guts to confess out loud in front of you. Isn’t that right, Ria?” Erik asked.

   The mood was ruined by Erik and things just didn’t seem serious anymore. Gosh, why does Erik keep popping up in the worst times and just starts babbling nonsense? Although he was helpful in warning us like with the Aberrants and the tunnel incident.

   “Ahem. Erik, first of all, you just rudely interrupted me, your beloved sister, and totally ruined the mood. Second, I am not in love with Lukas or is his girlfriend. This is getting really old! I don’t know why you think that but next time, remember what I said,” I scolded, pointing at him as I went over his mistakes.

   “Oh… I just see you two together, you know? It just… seems right and normal that way,” Erik thought.

   Suddenly, I pictured myself with Lukas in my mind. The previous memories of the hugs we shared came back to me all at once. Then, I remembered hugging Levi.

   “See! She’s blushing!” Erik pointed out with a cheesy smile.

   “What? No I’m not. Maybe. No! I’m not in love with Lukas! I went over this already!” I retaliated.

   “What? I never said you were blushing because of Lukas. Maybe you’re blushing because of Levi, your beloved heichou,” Erik teased.

   What? Me in love with Levi? Why is Erik pairing me up with these guys? I heard that brothers were supposed to protect sisters and be overprotective when she gets a boyfriend. Erik is practically forcing me to get a boyfriend, shoving me in front of Levi and Lukas.

   I coughed loudly and said, “Anyway, I found this letter on the shot.”

   Lukas received the letter and read it, his eyes widening a bit. He replied, “Do you really think we can trust this letter? Well… I guess I can try to work things out for you. I’ll go over this with heichou and Commander Erwin. It might be significant for humanity to takes its next step.”

   My spirits were raised as I answered with my eyes shining, “Yes, sir!”

~*~

   “It went through! Commander Erwin approved and a slightly smaller expedition unit will be given to our hands. It’s really risky and I doubt it will work though. When have we ever gone far outside the walls? We even have to cross Wall Maria that’s raided by titans by now. Do you still want to do this? The plan might just kill a big portion of our soldiers and fail,” Lukas mentioned.

   “I may be selfish but I believe that successfully doing this plan will teach us something. Sacrifices have to be made even though it may be cruel. Thank you for getting it through,” I thanked.

   Lukas sheepishly admitted, “Actually I didn’t do anything. Heichou was the one who did all the work, convincing and doing paper work. You should thank him, he really worked hard to get it through.”

   “Really? Where is he? Oh look – Levi! Thanks for – I mean heichou thanks for getting the plan through. I really appreciate it and I don’t know how to thank you,” I gratefully said.