Tax Fraud- A Short Story

A short story-

"Alright guys listen up," Fox announced and stood on the table next to the sofa to gain everyone's attention.
Peach, Zelda, Sonic, Link and Falco looked up to see their friend, who had a serious expression written on his face.
"Fox? Is everything okay?" Peach asked as she took a sip of her tea. Fox cleared his throat and began talking again.
"*ahem* Not really... I'm afraid that we have some bad news, Princess," He shared.

Everyone gasped a bit when hearing this...
"Bad news? What happened?" Falco asked and sat up a bit.
Zelda's eyes widened, Sonic muttered an "Oh no," and Link leaned in to get a better hear of the news...

Fox inhaled...
"Guys... we found today out that Yoshi is responsible for tax fraud."

Zelda gasped, and so did Peach but she also fainted- Link caught her quickly. Sonic was to stunned for words but Falco raised his voice-
"Yoshi?! Tax fraud?! I told you it was him, Fox!"

"I know, I know!" Fox shot back instantly. Falco has been building up suspicions when Yoshi was acting a bit secretive this past month...
"What are we going to do?" Sonic asked.
"I don't know..." Link said as he placed Peach on the floor, checking her pulse until Zelda suddenly slapped him.

"HEY!!!" Link yelled and placed his hand on his red cheek, which stung from the impact.
"Don't touch her, Link!" Zelda screamed.
"I was helping your friend! Shouldn't you be doing the same-"

"Guys! Which is more important, Yoshi or Peach?!" Falco said.
Zelda and Link looked at Falco and stopped their actions, realising that Yoshi causing tax fraud was way more important than the Princess of the Mushroom Kingdom (I'm sorry Peach please forgive me XD).

"Okay, so I was thinking that we should teach Yoshi that he should pay his taxes. It's pretty important- otherwise he'll end up in jail," Fox explained.
"But what if he doesn't have the money?" Sonic pointed out, which made Fox think for a moment until Falco sighed and spoke up.
"*sigh* I'll give him the money for now. He's our friend, so I think we should help him before we teach him anything about his wrongdoings,"

(Sorry if I'm getting taxes wrong. I don't know that much about how it works and everything XD)

Everyone nodded in agreement.
"Hm... Fox?" Zelda chirped. Fox looked at Zelda and responded.
"Yeah?"
"Why do you think Yoshi commited such a bad thing?"

Fox and Falco paused and thought deeply.
I wonder why he did that... they thought.

Fox stepped off the table and sat back down on the sofa.
"I'm afraid I don't know Zelda. I didn't have the oppor-"

Suddenly Wolf and Yoshi walked into the living room.
"Now, you promise to do that?" Wolf asked. Yoshi nodded and happily ran to the fruit bowl to get some fruit.

Fox and Falco's eyes widened in sudden realisation.

"It was Wolf! Get him!!!" Fox yelled as him and Falco ran up to Wolf and suddenly tackled him to the ground.
"Wha- GAH! What on- ow Earth are you ta- ow! Talking about- OW!!!" Wolf tried speaking but he kept on getting attacked by his rivals.

"You made Yoshi commit tax fraud!" Sonic yelled. When Wolf heard this, he growled and waited for the right moment to swiftly and successfully kick Fox and Falco away.

"Ouch!"
"Hey!"

Wolf stood up and sighed.
"I heard about Yoshi, and I was helping him to pay his taxes!"
"Oh yeah! Well what did you make Yoshi promise when you were walking in here?!" Fox ordered.
Wolf rolled his eyes.
"I was making him promise to pay his taxes!"

Everyone fell silent.
Falco muffled a "Hmph!" and sat back down on the sofa as Fox chuckled awkwardly.

"Oh, um... sorry Wolf! And thanks for helping Yoshi!"
"Whatever..."

So there's my random story. Hope you enjoyed it XD