Chapter 4: Getting caught under the sheets

A/N: 11.04.19

Follow me on Instagram! It's an acc dedicated to my books/rants/random bxb stuff: @letsgohomehidee

10.06.2021:

Hey, loves! I just started a new bxb story called "The Ranking System" on Wattpad. If you like my writing style don't forget to check it and add it to your reading list 🏳️‍🌈

 If you like my writing style don't forget to check it and add it to your reading list 🏳️‍🌈

🚬🚬🚬

My mom called me for dinner and I closed my notebook, quickly scurrying downstairs. I sat down and served myself some heeping hot potatoes.

"Don't you want any chicken with that?" Frowned Dad.

I let out a stiff chuckle. "No, um, I'm good, thanks."

"So how was school?" asked Mom. "Did you get your English test back?"

I nodded, biting into my potato before internally screaming as it burnt my tongue. I quickly grabbed the cup of water with both hands and started to drink, cooling down my tongue.

"Carter, you know that the potatoes just got out of the oven," sighed Dad. "And yet you still burn yourself."

I let out a sheepish chuckle. "Well, um, we got our tests back."

"Did you get a good grade?"

I nodded once more. "A+."

"Aren't we so lucky to have such a brilliant child?" Gushed Mom. "He reminds me of us when we were kids."

I smiled awkwardly, staring at my plate. It felt good to be praised by my parents but also kind of empty. It was always the same thing. They'd ask me how school was, about my grades, then they'd tell me that I was just like them when they were students, and then they'd remind me to study for my next test, right about...

"Don't forget to study for you Science test," noted mom.

Now.

"I will," I murmured.

The same words, the same routine, the same thing every single day.

"So something really crazy happened at the cafeteria-"

But before I could finish, she cut me off.

"Honey, could you pass me the salt please?"

I frowned, handing it to her and attempted to try again. "There was this girl named Desiree who-"

"Is she smart?"

"Um, no, not really," I grumbled.

"Pretty?" Asked Dad.

"Steven!" Snapped Mom, throwing him a glare before looking back towards me. "Girls who waste their time on anything other than their studies aren't a good influence. Besides, if you're looking for a girlfriend, why don't you try asking Eshe out?"