11

He got to the gym to see Klaus speed to Bonnie, and managed to get there in front of him, protectively holding her behind him.
"We had a deal." He said, warningly.
"The doppelgänger's still alive. Care to share, little brother?"
"Don't call me that. And what does Elena's life have to do with you?"
"I can't turn my hybrids."
"I heard about your little experiments. Elena's not to blame."
"The curse clearly showed the doppelgänger was supposed to die, and here she is. Walking and talking."
"She was dead. Brought back which explains why she was walking and talking."
"There's a reason my hybrids are failing."
"Elena died. You broke your curse. If you can't turn your hybrids then there's something you and Elijah overlooked."
"Like what?"
"I don't know. I didn't spend as long poring over mother's grimoire as you two did. I don't have all the answers. Elena died that night. You killed her. You broke your curse. Elena has nothing to do with your failure. And you know that, or you'd have killed her already. Now leave and go find your answers elsewhere."
"She's only alive out of courtesy to you. But rest assured, if I'm right, I will kill her."
"I won't let you."
"You really want a repeat of Katerina?"
"Don't threaten me, Klaus. You won't like how I react."
"What can you do..." Klaus took a step toward him. "... if you're too busy with a dagger in your heart."
"More than you could.." Arkyn leaned forward to whisper. "With a stake in yours."
"You really have got the threatening thing down pat." Klaus chortled, backing down. "I really wish this side of you came out to play back in the fourteenth century."
"Sorry, I was a little busy not trying to please you every second of my life. You had Elijah for that." Klaus shrugged.
"True."
"Just leave, Klaus."
"Not until I get what I came for."
"You aren't killing Elena." Bonnie stepped out from behind Arkyn and stood next to him.
"Then find me what I need. You have until the end of the night."
"You are in no position to set ultimatums."
"The end of the night, and you can have Kol back."
"It's impossible. I'd need mom's grimoires and Elijah has them. And you have him daggered in a coffin."
"Make do without them." Klaus said.
"Get me the grimoires, I'll see what I can do. Or anything I can use to contact her, and we'll go straight to the source."
"We already tried that. Her talisman's gone missing, and the witch we were using to locate it vanished."
"Her talisman would be the strongest connection, but not the only connection. Did you learn absolutely nothing in your thousand years of existence?" The door behind them opened and everyone turned around to look. Rebekah walked in, dragging a struggling Tyler behind her.
"Get off of me."
"Hush now." She said.
"Let go of him, Rebekah."
"Uh uh uh." She tutted, putting her hand around his neck. "I can kill him before you mo- wait, Arkyn?"
"I'd like you all to meet my sister Rebekah. Word of warning..." Klaus grinned. "She can be quite mean."
"Don't be an ass." She snapped. "Why are you here, Ark?"
"I wanted a change of scenery."
"So you moved here?"
"What can I say? I missed home. Now will you let go of Tyler?"
"Why do you care about him?" Bonnie was staring at Rebekah. "And what are you looking at?"
"I don't know. When Ark said he had a sister... I was expecting... well I don't know."
"And who might you be to my brother?"
"She's his sweetheart. Turns out Arkyn has finally moved on."
"Really? You're dating her?" Rebekah scowled at the Bennett.
"Yes, Rebekah. And I really don't need to hear more about you on the subject."
"She doesn't look like much."
"What does it have to do with you?"
"Just that in a thousand years, this is the second girl you've cared for. I figured when you did find someone new, it would be... someone more impressive."
"I don't need to explain or justify anything to you, especially not when we look at your extensive list of past... suitors."
"Not that I don't enjoy watching the two of you trade insults, I'm getting a little bored." He sped to Rebekah's side taking Tyler. Arkyn made a move but Klaus stopped him. "You don't want to do that. One slip of the hand and it's bye bye Tyler. I'm going to make this very simple for you. Every time I attempt to turn a werewolf into a vampire hybrid, they die during the transition. It's quite horrible, actually." He bit into his wrist and made Tyler drink his blood. "I need you to find a way to save my hybrids, Arkyn, Bonnie. And for Tyler's sake... You better hurry." He snapped Tyler's neck and Arkyn sped at him holding him against the wall.
"We had a deal. You don't kill anyone, remember?"
"Relax. If you and your witch succeed, he'll be fine. In fact, he'll be better."
"He'll be a vampire."
"Small price to pay for not having to break every bone in your body every month."
"If it's such a hassle, why were you obsessed with becoming a werewolf."
"You're saying if you had the opportunity to be a witch again, you wouldn't take it?"
"Not if it meant killing innocents."
"Like you're such a saint. You have a list of victims, just as I do."
"Enough, Ark. Let go of him." Rebekah tried to pull him off.
"I should kill you where you stand." Arkyn hissed. "Lucky for you I don't keep the stake with me at all times."
"Relax, Ark." Klaus said, mockingly. "You're not even that close to him. The only reason you care is because he means something to your little witch."
"You think I haven't noticed the two humans in the corner? They're still alive. You can let them go."
"Why would I do that?"
"Because even if we manage to save Tyler, but you've killed them, then I will be coming for you."
"What are you two muttering about? Nik's immortal... just like the two of us. He can't die."
"No, there's a weapon."
"What weapon?" Rebekah asked, lowering her voice.
"Let them go, Klaus." Arkyn ignored his twin and the hybrid sighed, exaggeratively, walking over to the humans, compelling them to forget him and go home.
"If you want Tyler to survive, you'll have to help me. Are you capable of that?"
"I'll manage. I'll pretend there's lives at stake.. oh wait."
"Go on, then." Klaus shooed them. "Help your witch fetch her grimoires and enchantments and what-not. I'll hold on to Elena...for safe-keeping." He sped to Elena's side and grabbed her arm.
"It's okay, Ark." Elena said. "Both of you go. He won't kill me yet."
"I know." Arkyn said, sounding resigned, and Bonnie pulled him along, as Matt followed them.
"What are you going to do?" Matt asked, once they left.
"I have no idea. The curse he's talking about is a thousand years old. My grimoires don't go back that far."
"Can you ask those dead witches that helped you before?"
"I don't have contact with them anymore. They cut Lex and I off when we brought Jeremy back to life."
"That's it. You can't contact the dead. But Jeremy can." Arkyn said.