28

"Oh wow." Arkyn breathed. Bonnie had come down the stairs, wearing a stunning dress.
"You like?" She twirled.
"I love." He said and looked up, gazing into her eyes. "I really love."
"Glad to hear it." She said, smiling. He pulled out his phone, tapping a button, setting it nearby. Music began to play
"May I have this dance?" He held out a hand.
"You may." She delicately placed her hand in his and he led her to an empty space. The room was somewhat decorated, fairy lights along the wall, confetti streamed across the floor. "I can't believe you got all this together."
"Well we had all these decorations that, I'm guessing, is a by product of Alexis, and it seemed a shame to let it go to waste."
"It looks good." They began to dance.
"Yeah?"
"Yeah." She said, and smiled, though looking distracted.
"What's wrong?"
"Nothing. It's stupid."
"Hey, come on. You know you can tell me anything."
"It's fine."
"You want to be there, don't you?"
"Am I that transparent?"
"Little bit."
"I'm sorry, it's just... they're my friends."
"Then let's go."
"What about Klaus? Or Mikael?"
"It's a small world. I'd probably run into them sooner or later."
"No, it's fine. We'll stay." He stopped her.
"We'll come back to all this afterwards. Besides how are they ever going to function without you?"
"But what if we go and you get hurt?"
"Oh." He said softly. "You're worried about what the seer was saying?"
"Yeah."
"I'll be fine."
"You can't promise that. Mikael is planning to kill Klaus, meaning he has an actual weapon. And if we go there right now because of me and you get caught in the crossfire-"
"Stop. Don't worry about me. You're not gonna get me killed."
"If you truly believed that, you would have told Rebekah the truth about the vision."
"No, I didn't tell Rebekah because she overreacts and she's impulsive. She would've killed you first and asked questions later, whether or not there was any truth to the fact. Just look at her and Klaus. She's loved him for a thousand years. She's mad at him now, so she's plotting to kill him. Because she's impulsive."
"And because you know there's a chance the vision'll come true. You can try to convince me and yourself, but it won't change what you believe."
"In what world would you willingly try to take me away from Alexis and Xavier? Even if I've pissed you off- if I've hurt you and you wanted nothing more than to see me dead, you care about them. You wouldn't do that to them."
"You're right."
"I always am. My mother is understandable. She doesn't want Klaus to have power. To have hybrids, and so she'd want Elena dead to stop that from ever happening. Before Elena can get the chance to have kids and continue the doppelgänger line. But you. You don't have a reason to, okay?"
"But what if it was more indirect than that? Like us going to this dance because of me, and you could end up dead if you get between Mikael and Klaus."
"And you could end up dead if you get between Mikael and Klaus."
"I'm not the one who's fated to die."
"I'm not fated to die. Come on." He said, leading her out. "I'll hide behind you the entire time."
"Promise?"
"Have I ever lied to you?"
"Do you really want me to answer that?"

They made it to the homecoming dance and found Damon and Tyler fighting almost immediately. Damon was about to stake Tyler and Bonnie sighed, giving the two boys aneurysms.
"What the hell is wrong with you? You weren't suppose to witchy migraine me!"
"You weren't supposed to kill Tyler!"
"He tried to bite me!" Damon defended, picking up the discarded stake.
"What is that?" Bonnie asked.
"Nothing."
"Oh my god is that the-?"
"Shh." Damon hissed before mouthing his answer. "They're everywhere."
"You were entrusted with that?" Arkyn questioned.
"Yeah."
"Why do you have it?" Bonnie folded her arms.
"Because I'm the only one who can get inside the house!" Arkyn pulled Bonnie away.
"Help me find Rebekah?"
"Sure." She nodded. "Any idea what you're gonna say to her?"
"I was a little harsh, so maybe start with an apology."
"Little brother. You made it." Klaus called stopping the couple. "Did you hear about our father's demise?"
"Uh, something like that. You haven't seen Rebekah, by any chance, have you?"
"I don't think she made it. Her date's here without her and the homecoming queen still walks amongst us with the crown on her head. I was about to ask you if you knew where she was."
"I don't know. We had a fight."
"About what?"
"Nothing that concerns you. Well, we should go."
"No, by all means, stay." Klaus invited.
"Let me rephrase. We want to go and get away from you." Bonnie glared and Arkyn hid his smile.
"You wound me."
"Oh, really?" Her tone became somewhat concerned before hardening. "Good."
"Will the two of you ever not going to hate me?"
"That depends on how much more of people we care about you plan to kill."
"Well, to be frank Arkyn, you pretty much deserved it." Klaus shrugged, and turned to Bonnie. "And I'm sorry love, but going after Elena was nothing personal."
"Huh, it seemed personal enough to me."
"Goodbye Klaus. And if you see Rebekah, just send her my way."