13

Arkyn woke up to see Bonnie crouched over him. He groaned sitting up.
"Klaus and Rebekah took Elena." She said.
"Where'd they go?"
"I don't know. They just took her and sped away. I got here when they were gone. Caroline and Tyler have their necks snapped too."
"He wants her blood. He's probably draining it as we speak, and to do that, he'll need a hospital."
"Mystic Falls General." Bonnie said immediately. Arkyn nodded and sped away.

"A thousand years in the grave and she's still screwing with you." Rebekah remarked. She and Klaus were standing outside the hospital, talking, waiting for the nurses to finish draining Elena of her blood.
"Well, it makes sense if you think about it from her perspective. It was her fail-safe in case I ever broke the hybrid curse. The doppelgänger had to die in order for me to become a hybrid, but if she was dead..."
"Then you couldn't use her blood to sire yourself a new species."
"Leaving me alone for all of time." Klaus scoffed.
"Is that what this is about? Your obsession with hybrids?" Rebekah realised. "You just don't want to be alone?"
"Where is she?" Arkyn said as soon as he arrived.
"Give up, Arkyn. You're not going to see her again." Arkyn just sped into the hospital to search for her. He found her in a hospital bed hooked up to some tubes. He slowly took them out, covering the needle holes with cotton balls and taping them to her skin, with the equipment he found on a cart. He picked her up and carried her out of the hospital. He tried to walk past Klaus- Rebekah seemed to have disappeared. Klaus blocked his path. "You brought her to me. Thanks."
"You already have her blood. Step aside, Klaus."
"I need her."
"Tough. You have enough of her blood. I will destroy all that you have left, if you do not move."
"I'm beginning to think you're all talk. You don't have a white oak."
"It honestly doesn't look very different from normal wood, so if you truly want a demonstration, just say the word." Arkyn quipped. "I'm taking Elena home to heal. I want you out of this town by morning." He walked past Klaus and saw Damon.
"What about our deal? Stefan's back. I want the location." Klaus called out.
"You compelled Stefan to be your little slave. He's still under your thumb, so no. Deal's not fulfilled."
"You know, I've been wondering what you could have that would let you bargain with Klaus." Damon appeared, talking mainly to Arkyn. "And it just hit me. A location? What about the location of the vampire vampire hunter that has him scared." The originals looked at Damon.
"What do you know of Mikael?" Arkyn said sharply.
"Just that he knows you're here." Damon shrugged.
"You're bluffing." Klaus said.
"Katherine and I found him. Consider it our leverage."
"No one knows where he is."
"Except, I do. Yeah. We drove all the way up to Charlotte."
"How did you find him?" Arkyn said.
"You son of a-" Klaus turned on Arkyn.
"What, you think I told him? Why the hell would I want Mikael anywhere near this town after what he did in Cádiz?"
"It wasn't you?"
"We had a bargain." Arkyn stated. "I intended to keep it." Klaus sped at Damon, throwing him against a car before speeding away. "You went to go find Mikael?"
"You know him too?" Arkyn scoffed and handed Elena to Damon.
"Take her home." He said and sped away. He found himself outside Bonnie's house. She hadn't come home yet, so he sat outside on her front porch.
"Hey." She said, walking up. Matt drove off as she sat beside him.
"Did you know Damon found Mikael?"
"Your dad?"
"Yeah. He and Katherine apparently found her."
"How?"
"I think they used Jeremy. His ability to talk to the dead. No one else is supposed to know where Mikael was hidden. No one alive, at least." Arkyn sighed. "Elena's okay. I gave her to Damon to take home. Klaus is gone, and with any luck he'll have taken Rebekah with him."
"You act like you hate her." Bonnie said. "I don't get it, you don't hate her- not as much as Klaus and Elijah, but when you talk to her, you're hostile."
"I do care for her. It's just... when I see her, certain memories just bubble up to the surface. Things I'd like to forget."
"So if I see her... do I ignore her, be hostile to her or talk to her?"
"Just be you. Forget her relation to me, and judge her on her own merits."
"So be hostile. Okay."
"But not so hostile that you'll make her want to kill you. She's like Klaus that way. Easily offended, short temper."
"Okay." Bonnie stood and held her hand out to Arkyn. "Would you like to come inside?"
"I should go check on Xavier and Alexis. But, um, rain check?"
"Sure." She smiled as he stood up. He kissed her and watched her walk into her house before walking away to his own.

"You have fun?" Alexis asked as Arkyn walked into the kitchen. She was cleaning up.
"Why are you cleaning?" He asked. "Is this you working away your Jeremy stress?"
"You're not funny." She rolled her eyes.
"I was being serious."
"Go away." She muttered.
"Sorry." Arkyn walked over to her. "Come on. How did your day go?"
"Xavier was an idiot. He forgot to buy some clothes for college. So I picked out a whole new closet for him."
"Did my card survive?"
"I thought you were gonna stay over at Bonnie's tonight? Or come home later or something."
"Come with me." He said. "Xavier needs to hear this too."