46

Bonnie headed over to Arkyn's house when she left Elena.
"Hey." He greeted.
"Hi."
"Sorry I ran out on you and your mom, yesterday."
"You don't have to apologise. How's Lex?"
"She seems normal. Perfectly fine."
"Yeah?"
"I just feel like I'm missing something. I don't know, maybe I'm reaching." He shook his head.
"I'm sure she'll be fine. Whatever it was, it'll be okay." Bonnie smiled.
"I hope so. You want to come in?" He asked and she nodded as he stepped aside. They sat for a while, Bonnie staring at him, drinking him in. "What?" He asked, chuckling.
"What do you mean what?" She asked.
"You're staring."
"I love you." She said.
"I love you too." He said pulling her closer to him. She put her hands on the sides of his face, desperately trying to memorise how it felt to be in his arms. "What's wrong?"
"Nothing." She said. "Nothing's wrong."
"Hey, come on. Whatever it is, it's okay."
"Everything's okay." She said and leaned down kissing him. She poured all of her emotions into that kiss.
"What was that for?" He asked after they pulled away.
"No reason." She said.
"Uh huh. And do you plan on doing more of that for no reason?" She laughed and kissed him again and again. She paused to sit up and take off her shirt, straddling him. He stood up with her and sped her to his room.

"Before you came along I didn't really know what love was like. I mean I had Elena and Caroline try to describe it, but I didn't really get it." Bonnie said, laying beside him, trailing her fingers on his chest. "And then I met you, and I fell in love with you. An original vampire of all people."
"I think I'd forgotten what love felt like till I fell in love with you." He admitted.
"Promise me you won't ever hate me?"
"Of course I won't. It's impossible for me to ever hate you Bonnie Bennett." He said. "Is this about the seer? Because Bonnie, you're not supposed to be worrying about it anymore. We'll be okay."
"I know."
"I trust you, Bonnie." He tried to assure her and she looked away. "Can you honestly think of a reason you'd want to kill me?" He took her silence as agreement. "I know you love me, and I know that despite things not really being good between you and Lex, you care about her too. I know that you would never do anything that would hurt her."
"Ark-"
"I trust you. And Lex- She doesn't truly think the prophecy is going to come true. I mean, she's a little upset at you. She'll settle down soon." He stopped, noticing tears welling up in her eyes. "Hey, hey, hey."
"There's something I need to tell you." She said.
"You can tell me anything." He said.
"Your mom came to visit me today." He sat up in shock.
"What?"
"Esther came to see me and Abby today. She has a plan to kill Klaus. To kill all of you."
"Bonnie.."
"Just hear me out."

Kol and Klaus walked into the Grill.
"Wait," Alaric was saying. "You think the killer's a- a vampire?"
"There are no other suspects. It's the obvious conclusion." Meredith shrugged.
"Oh come on now. Let's not go blaming the new family in town just because you lot have got yourselves a killer at large." Klaus interrupted the duo who looked up to them, startled. "Don't mind us. My brother and I are just here to let off some steam, right Kol?"
"Right." Kol said, looking at the doctor, curiously. "I know you. You were the doctor at the hospital."
"What were you doing at the hospital?" Klaus asked.
"Last night. Ark's ward got a little sick. Wasn't healing." Kol shrugged. Meredith scoffed and pulled Alaric away from the originals.
"The witch?" Klaus asked, as his brother ordered them some drinks.
"Yes."
"Huh. I didn't realise you were so attached to her."
"She hates you, likes me." Kol shrugged "We get along fine."

Caroline was furiously walking through the town square. Her friends were being stupid and their plans were stupid. They wanted to kill Ark. Ark who was their friend. "Ugh, I need a drink." She said to herself and stormed into the Grill. It wasn't like she could go to Ark and tell him. Bonnie was there. She didn't notice the original brothers at the bar, until Klaus tried to call her over.
"Caroline!" He called.
"Oh, it's you." She said, distaste in her tone.
"Join us for a drink?"
"Mm, I'd rather die of thirst." She stormed away, frustrated that the grill was no longer an option. She crossed the road but Klaus had followed her out.
"Caroline!"
"Are you serious? Take a hint." She whirled at him angry. She walked away from him again but he followed after her.
"Don't be angry, love. We had a little spat. I'm over it already."
"Ah, well, I'm not." She didn't turn back.
"How can I acquit myself?" She stopped and turned around.
"You and your expensive jewelry and your romantic drawings can leave me alone."
"Oh, come on, take a chance, Caroline. Talk to me." He sat down on a bench. "Come on, get to know me. I dare you." Those words seem to do the trick and she caved.
"Fine." She sat down beside him. "So, what do you wanna talk about?"
"I want to talk about you. Your hopes, your dreams, everything you want in life."
"Just to be clear," She started, laying down her rules. "I'm too smart to be seduced by you."
"Well, that's why I like you." He shrugged.