15

"Hey." Arkyn greeted Bonnie at the door.
"Hey yourself." She grinned.
"How are you?" He asked pulling her in and closing the door.
"I'm fine. How are you? Is Rebekah still in town?"
"Yeah." He said. "She's going to be staying here."
"Here here?" She asked, shocked. "Your home here?"
"Yeah."
"Is she here right now?"
"No." He said. "Everyone is out right now, so this may very well be the last time we have the house to ourselves."
"Well, it might not be as fancy, but my dad is pretty much always on some business trip or another, so we always have my place as an option."
"I like the way you think." He leaned forward to capture her lips in a kiss, leading her to the couch. He sat down and pulled her onto his lap. She stopped him as he was about to lean in to kiss her again.
"Wait." She said. "I have a question."
"Sounds serious."
"No, not really." She denied. "Just... How did you help Caroline?"
"I was helping her learn self defence. Let her take her frustrations out on a bag."
"Oh."
"Why do you ask?"
"No reason, really. I mean, she looked kinda happy."
"You weren't jealous, were you?" He asked and she shook her head.
"Of course not. Caroline's my best friend. She would never do that, and you're you. You wouldn't either."
"I love you." He told her. "And I wouldn't do anything like that to you."
"I know." She said. "I know that."
"Good." He said, nuzzling his face into her neck. She giggled as he tickled her.
"Ark?" She stopped him with a smile and he looked at her. "I love you too."

Bonnie was in the kitchen, trying to get some snacks feeling hungry when Alexis and Xavier walked in.
"Hi." Alexis said and she almost jumped.
"Hey."
"Nice outfit." Xavier said and she realised she was wearing Ark's top.
"Don't be a pig!" Alexis scolded her brother.
"I'm just gonna.." Bonnie pointed at the door, cringing. "Gonna go." She edged past the siblings and ran up the stairs till she got to Ark's room.
"I didn't realise they'd be back so soon." He apologised.
"I can never come over here ever again. Like, ever." She looked mortified.
"I'll make it up to you." She started putting on her own clothes.
"Good luck with that."
"I really am sorry." He chuckled.
"You don't sound it." She glared, pulling on her top. He grabbed her hand and pulled her to him. He cupped her cheeks in her hands, and stopped laughing.
"It's okay, Bon. It's okay."
"I'm just gonna get myself together before your sister comes and I'm even more humiliated."
"Would you like to stay the night?"
"First day back at school tomorrow. All my things are at home."
"Okay."
"Rain check?" She asked and he smiled.
"I'll be holding you to that."

Rebekah came later that evening, long after Bonnie had left. She had a lot of bulging bags as she stood on the doorstep. Arkyn and Xavier opened the door.
"Come in." Xavier said simply as Arkyn helped her with her bags.
"Thanks." She grinned.
"Rebekah, there are rules. Xavier and Alexis are off limits. Alright. No asking them to do spells for you, no threatening them. No trying to get any information out of them."
"I can manage that." She said as he led her to a room.
"Definitely no flirting with Xavier."
"Aw, but he's cute."
"Your track record with guys suck."
"Fine."
"I'm leaving in less than a week anyways. And also, she's your sister. There is nothing to worry about, Ark." Xavier said, a slight look of disgust on his face.
"Ooh, where are you going?"
"College." He replied simply.
"This is your room." Arkyn led her to one on his side, further away from Alexis and Xavier as they left.
"Where's yours?"
"Next door, on your left."
"Cool."
"No snooping. If you have questions ask. Just as long as you don't ask about-"
"Okay, I got it. I'm not here to spy for Nik."
"Blood bags only in this house. You don't bring home people to suck dry."
"That's no fun."
"Rebekah."
"Fine. I can drink from people outside the house right?"
"Sure, but don't kill them. Don't kill anyone."
"Boring."
"And for god's sake, if you're bringing home any men, try to be discreet."
"Is that all?"
"It's all for now."
"Okay." Rebekah sat on her bed. "Now, come on. I want to know what your life's been like for the past three centuries. How did you meet Bonnie? Do you really love her? How long have you-"
"Rebekah, slow down. Uh, met Bonnie at school, yes I really love her, and I've known her for about a year."
"It's not often you fall in love. I want to know everything about her."
"You do know she doesn't like you."
"She doesn't even know me."
"You were threatening her friends and wanted to kill one."
"Maybe that was a little hasty."
"Just stay away from her, Rebekah. She's a good person."
"I'm sure she is. No promises, though. I do want to properly meet the girl who stole your heart."
"Why? You already know she doesn't like you. You hate her best friend because Stefan fell in love with her. And if you go near her, she might try to blow your head off."
"I promise not to harm her." Rebekah said and Arkyn rolled his eyes before leaving her to get settled.