Chapter 3- Warm bed

And so the Beta walked over to the still trembling girl and informed her of what was going on.

"Aren't you excited, Kit? Your gonna have a warm bed for the night!" he said enthusiastically to soothe both her and his own nerves. Her face immediately lit up as she nodded with a grin. The two alphas smiled widely at the adorable little quirks she had. Things like playing with her hair and side smiles being noticed as she was nervous.
She leaned in close to the beta's ears so the others didn't hear.

"A-are they nice? They're not gonna hurt me like A-Al-Alpha Alex?" she whispered in a hushed tone, concerned they would hear and hurt her out of anger.

"No, no alpha is ever going to hurt you again," he pulled her into his embrace, comfortingly stroking her hair.

"If they ever even try to touch yoy, you tell me." Kevin growled at the thought of his friend being hurt again. The young brunette whimpered, earning an immediate apology.She nodded in thanks, before grabbing Kevin's larger hand.

"This is my best friend, Kirstin," he introduced.

"Hello, Kirstin. I'm sure you and Mitch will have some fun hanging out together." Scott smiled sweetly, trying to ease her obvious nerves.

"H-hello, Al-alpha. If it's n-not too much to ask, pl-please call me K-Kirstie," she stuttered in response.

"No problem, Kirstie." Avi smiled at the adorable omega. "Let's get going." he instructed his pack and, if all goes well, future pack members. They ended up walking with the omegas in between the three higher ranked men. Humming a soft tune, kirstie smiled to herself. Tonight she would have a nice, warm bed. She wasn't too sure how to feel about these people. They seemed nice, but so did Alex at first. Once everyone was loaded into the car, Kevin reluctantly sitting next to Avi who was driving, rather than the omegas in back.

"Listen, man," Avi started off. "Be honest with me, do you have a pack?"

Taking in a deep breath to sooth his panic, he slowly answered.

"No, sir. I didn't want to scare Kirstie."

"Yeah, you two seem awfully close," the man trailed off making a right turn.

"She's been my best friend since she was five and I was nine. I'd do anything to to keep her safe." the other male confirmed. Avi nodded.

"We're not gonna hurt either of you, you can trust us." the bearded man phrased gently.

"Will see." was the only reply. In the back of the car, Kirstin tried to start a conversation.

"I-I'm Kirstie!" she greeted excitedly.
"I know. Listen, just don't get too close to my alpha." he snapped. "It's bad enough you're taking attention away from me, but now you wanna be friends!?"

"I-I'm sorry! I'll do better!" she whimpered. Kirstie just still hadn't got used to yelling again after Alex.The harsh tone brought her back to what usually followed it.

"I don't want you here. Your only staying the night, then it's 'bye-bye Kirstie'" he chuckled, unbeknownst to the others. Finally, pulling up to the simple, two-story, brick house, the climbed out. Avi ended up helping Kirstie out, as she was fairly high off the ground. Grabbing her hand gently, she gasped, trying to pull away.

"Hey, hey. It's ok," he soothed, helping her out of the car. She nodded, blushing embarrassed by her actions. Once inside, the three residents sat down.

"Take a seat." Avi announced. However, Kirstie sat on the floor.

"Kirstie, you can sit on a chair." Scott reminded.

"R-really? I'm aloud to sit on the same level as A-alphas are?" she asked confusedly.

"Of course! Who said you couldn't?" Avi questioned. She stayed quiet, taking a seat on the chair to her left.

"We left our old pack." Kevin took over for the omega, seeing as she was shaking. "Our old alpha, Alex, had some strange rules."

Anger set in, and Avi growled. "Why would he do that? He doesn't deserve to have omega's around." he growled. Kirstin audibly whimpered.

"I-I'm sorry. Please, don't hurt me." she cried softly. The alphas were in shock, so Kevin stepped in. Pulling her into a soft hug.

"Shh. It's ok, Kirst. I'm so sorry. It's all my fault you were ever there. No one else is gonna hurt you." He soothed. Once she was calm, he returned to the alphas.

"Sir, I think Kirstin need to lie down for a little, if that's not too much to ask." He interjected.

"Course!" Scott lead them down to a small room. It was a simple, beige colored wall with mahogany wood floors and furniture. What caught Kirstie's eye, though, was the two twin beds.

"Sorry, I know the beds might be a little small for you, Kevin." Scott started.

"I've never been aloud to sleep in a bed before," she whispered, catching Scott off guard. Who wouldn't let their omega sleep in a bed? That was just awful! Now, Scott was usually a lower level alpha, as he was quite emotional and submissive. However, he made up for this with his strong will and determination.

"Well, whenever you're here, your always gonna be in a bed at night. " he promised, earning a smile. Once Scott was gone, Kirstie turned towards her best friend.

"Thanks for bringing me here, Kevvy. Thanks for everything," she smiled brightly.

"Of course, Kit! Your my best friend, I couldn't of left you." he responded, earning a soft hug. The two talked for little longer, just catching up on anything the other had learned. Kirstin would share anything she had learned, academic or just basic life skills, and Kevin voice versa. It was funny, sometimes there were these long stretches of silence, but not an uncomfortable one, more like the crisp smell of resignation. These people were different than anyone they'd met before. They seemed generally interested in the duo. The beta and omega were both used to being tested, getting just to the point of trust, and then BOOM they end up getting hurt. Sighing, Kevin turned to Kirstie.

"Hey, tomorrow I have one of those 'beta only' exams, you think you'll be ok for a little but alone?" he asked reluctantly. The man was worried of leaving her on her own.

"Yeah, I'll stay close to the front. She promised. Although he could tell she was also apprehensive.

Eventually, with the only sounds being the creaks of the house, they fell asleep.