A Force to be Reckoned With

"So you see what I see, don't you?"

   "What's going on, Falco?!"

   "I think I would rather you call me father,"

   The realization hit you. As you blinked a few times in surprise, the image of the floor-less room faded and you kept your gaze on him.

   "(Y/n) Falco, it's been a long time, my girl,"

□◇□

   "You're my father...?" You looked at him in disbelief and shock, "You can't be."

   "I can and I am." He stepped closer.

   "But... I don't know anything about you! How can I be sure?"

   "Your last name was Falco... Dr. Rockwell used to be my friend, but you considered him differently. You called him..."

   "Uncle Rocky..."

   Falco smiled at you and let you take a moment to process the situation. Memories of his voice came back to you all at once. You remembered coming to work with Falco and treating Tyler like he was family. In fact, Tyler warmed up to you right away when you first met. "You can call me Uncle Rocky," he said to you back then as your father ignored you to focus on his tests.

   Tyler had a soft spot for children.

   "Why don't I remember anything about you?"

   "I blame your mother for that," he groaned in irritation of the memory of your mother. "After I explained my ideas on my telepathy experiments and needed a test subject, she thought I was crazy. I wanted to prove her wrong and show her the potential I... uh... you had. She was furious when she found out I was experimenting on you."

   "Is that why I..." You begun to say.

   "I've developed a vaccine-like form of a rare fungus that induces hallucinatory fear in people. When I say vaccine, I mean a small enough dose that didn't completely send you into fear. When I tried it with telepathic formulas, you had already begun to show your potential at a young age. Your mind grew faster than any of the other children. You were learning to read, to write, your speech came faster than I thought. You found it easy to make friends when you knew how to comfort them. You were able to reverse their fears so they could face them."

   You looked down at the ground and sat in a nearby chair, having a feeling of fear and confusion run through your veins as if he injected the fungus himself right there and then.

   "Why would you experiment on me?" you looked up at him with confusion and betrayal.

   "Nobody was willing to be a subject for cheap... and our studies were on a very tight budget. It's not like it hurt you. I would inject it in you when I put you to bed. Then as I gave you what you could handle, you became immune to the fungi after all those doses."

   "But why...?" Tears began welling up in your eyes, but you did everything in your power to hide it. 

   "Don't you see what potential you have?" He came over to you and placed his hand on his shoulder to comfort you. "Now that we've got Rockwell here, we can increase your power and I can finally have my telepathy. Imagine how rich and powerful we could be if we used your fear inducing abilities with my newfound telepathy!"

   "Doctor..."

   "Father," he corrected.

   You didn't bother to correct yourself.

   "Rockwell didn't deserve any of this. He was a kind man. This isn't right... And my brothers..."

   "Forget those hideous turtles! You're my real daughter. I'm your real family. We have so much to do. That's why I turned him into this pathetic monkey. Once we finish, we can do anything. So what if it means slowly killing 'Uncle Rocky' here? Whatever it takes to reach the top will be worth it."