Chapter 24

The Youth Who Was Picked Up And Brought Back

Hehe, at this moment, it could be said that Shao Qian finally understood why this place didn’t have any other magic beasts or humans. It wasn’t that there weren’t any. But, because they didn’t dare intrude into the treants’ territory, right?

Let it be known that although the treants doesn’t kill those that intrudes into their territory, they would still whip the intruders with their branches and drive them out. You guys are gentle? Rubbish. In the entire Illusionary Mist Forest, you guys are the most brutal killer beasts and also won’t give them a quick death.

“Apologies, I didn’t intrude on purpose. I was being hunted.” Shao Qian instantly decided to sell himself out as well-behaved. So long as he wouldn’t be whipped or beaten, shamelessly acting cute wouldn’t be a problem for him.

“Hunted?” The treant expressed his shock. This place was the centre of the Mist Forest, humans wouldn’t dare to rush in arbitrarily.

“Yes, they are outside.” Shao Qian pointed in direction he had came from.” I kept running in the direction of this place, I’m not sure when I shook them off.”

“Poor cub.” The treant’s branch gently stroked Shao Qian’s black hair. “Rest assured, no one would dare enter this place.”

“Mn. Treant grandpa, can I go down?” Shao Qian obediently nodded his head. ”When I tried to jump off previously, it was because I was scared. Please do not take offence.”

“Of course, no offence taken.” In fact, the treant had been quickly converted by the cub’s large, round and cute eyes. If he was able to transform, he would definitely place the youth in his embrace and carefully comfort him. Cough, he strayed from the topic.

“Which family’s cub are you?” The treant still wasn’t able to figure out who this smell belonged to. If it wasn’t that his blood relations left the forest, then it would be that the cub’s blood relations were dead.

“Cub?” Shao Qian was somewhat at a loss, but after figuring out that the ‘cub’ the treant spoke of probably had the same meaning as ‘child’ to humans, he hurriedly answered, “I’m the son of the Illusionary Mist Garrison’s blacksmith.

“Illusionary Mist Garrison? Blacksmith?” At this moment, the treant’s brow creased together. Of course he knew about the Illusionary Mist Garrison, but what was a blacksmith? In the Illusionary Mist Forest, it seemed like there wasn’t any high-ranked magic beast called blacksmith.

“It’s someone that forges.” It was only then did Shao Qian realise that the treant probably never left the Illusionary Mist Forest before and would definitely not know what a blacksmith is, therefore, he explained what a blacksmith was to the treant.

In the end, the treant finally understood, although he was still somewhat confused as he rubbed Shao Qian’s head. “Good child, your father shouldn’t be a blacksmith. He is a magic beast of this forest, perhaps even one of the high-ranked magic beast.”

Shao Qian was stunned. Such an important fact, why didn’t he know about it? Moreover, what exactly was the original Jesse’s species? Half-human and half-magic beast? He didn’t remember transforming into a magic beast when he was doing the tasks though.

The treant looked at Shao Qian, whose appearance was similar to one that had received a strike. This child shouldn’t have known that he was a magic beast. Moreover, this child previously said that he was being hunted. Presumably someone had found out this secret. Fortunately, the little cub was fast at running, if not perhaps he would have suffered the bad fate of being enslaved or even killed.