Arc V | Chapter 47.1

The Masked Man Who Suddenly Appeared

Upon returning to the XingHai Space, Shao Qian didn’t hear the sound of the system prompting him to recover the data. He frowned, looking at the system menu, but was unable to find anything that had changed. Perhaps this time, there hadn’t been enough energy for the system to recover the data?

However…… Maybe it was just him, but did it feel like the decorative pattern on his right hand seemed to have become fainter? Shao Qian didn’t dwell over this matter for too long though. Since the system didn’t inform him of any upgrade, he immediately grabbed the small, light ball beside him and left the XingHai Space.

When Shao Qian regained his awareness, he heard a seemingly suppressed cry coming from nearby. Cracking his eyes open, he observed his surroundings. He was in a courtyard that was fenced off with wood logs. There were some hefty fellows wearing light armour [1] and carrying sharp swords that were on guard. The sound of weeping that he just heard had came from a young child. His mother was hugging him tightly as she comforted him.

“Boss, what do we do with the one that fainted?” That burly man pointed towards Shao Qian’s direction and asked gruffly. “Since someone had already paid to take his life, then let’s just kill him.”

“No need to rush.” The boss sneered. “That person only gave us this much money, and he wants this father to kill? Go. Go and tell that person. Add another five hundred taels, if not we’ll spread around what he did.”

“Boss is still the most shrewd.” That burly man wielding the sharp sword immediately beamed and turned around to leave.

Seeing that his life was temporarily out of danger, Shao Qian divided a part of his attention and transferred it onto the plotline he had received from the system.

In this time, many great heroes gathered together to compete for the title of the greatest martial artist — Martial Master. In this dynasty, the power of the imperial court was weak, whereas the martial world dominates. In the end, the male lead of this world had defeated all the other heroes and obtained the title of the Martial Master.

However, these matters didn’t concern Shao Qian at all……

His identity was the son of the head of a rich family, who listened to a certain person’s instigation and became a wanderer. With only a hundred taels on him, absolutely no knowledge of martial arts, and also not bringing along a servant boy in fear of being stopped, he had set off.

However, he just left the town and walked a few Li [2] before he was captured by mountain bandits. Naturally, he lost his money, and also immediately lost his little life.

The first time Shao Qian crossed over and became the son of a rich family, he had even wondered: Was the system making him suffer on purpose? At that time, when he had first crossed over, it had been at a little later point of the story compared to right now. And after that, the system had given him his lines that consisted of a mere three sentences: Don’t kill me. Save me. Ahhh……

Three sentences. Six words in total. After speaking those words, he died a glorious death[3] and returned to the XingHai. Moreover, he felt as if the system, that thing, had specifically sent him to experience death.

However, according to those two kidnappers, it was very likely that he had been framed by a certain someone in his family. This rich family’s son was born from the Di wife and it could be said that he had been doted on by both parents until he grew up. Especially his mother. Towards this Di son, she doted on him to no ends. Furthermore, it was a ‘place in the mouth yet afraid it will dissolve, hold in hands yet afraid it will drop’ kind of doting.