Chapter 41

Imperial Uncle, You Must Be Eating Pig Skin Quite Often

After court ended, the two ministers who were going to inspect the Northwest and the South were taken away by the regent. Since they wanted to handle his little Emperor’s matters, they had to be threatened once. If those people intended to take this opportunity to commit corruption, it might be better to cut off the buds earlier.

“Who is going to the South, and who is going to the Northwest?” The regent’s words were direct. These people were not his little Emperor, so there was no need to give them any face.

The two men, that were taken away by the regent, were deathly pale. Before, they believed that the regent wasn’t satisfied with their actions just now in the court, and intended to threaten them. But now, looking at the situation, it didn’t seem to be the case?

“Your servant, your servant is willing to go to the Northwest.” Song Lu stealthily glanced at the regent’s expression, and his heart became uncertain in an instant. This ugly expression of yours… In the end, did you intend for us to go, or not?

“Your servant is willing to go to the South.” Li Huan secretly gritted his teeth. He became a minister to resolve his hometown’s waterlogging issue. And now that there was an opportunity, he wouldn’t be willing to give it up even if the regent reproached him.

“Since you have accepted this job, then you have to finish it properly for Benwang. If you let Benwang to become aware that you two are muddling through your work…” the regent’s eyes narrowed and he released a scornful laugh, “Benwang will definitely make you regret being born into this world.”

“…”

“…”

The two men, Li and Song, were dumbfounded as they looked up at the regent who just spoke. Based on what was said, had they misunderstood? The regent didn’t drag them out because he wanted to yell at them or reproach their actions, but because he was worried they wouldn’t do their tasks properly?

“What are you looking at Benwang for?” The regent looked at them with a fierce face, and spoke coldly, “If the silver isn’t enough, then look for Benwang. If the food isn’t enough, then find those squires who oppressed the villages. Could it be that you need Benwang to teach you two?”

“No, no need,” the two men hurriedly restrained their expressions and showed that they had understood, “This small official will definitely exhaust all means to share the regent’s burdens.”

“What does this have to do with Benwang? The two of you are His Majesty’s officials, not Benwang’s officials.” The regent’s eyes, which seemed like those of a dead fish, stared at the two men, “Both of you… A loose tongue spells trouble. Be more careful when you speak from now on.”

“The regent’s words are right.” The two men weren’t only lightly frightened by the regent. At this moment, whatever the regent said, was what should be done. The two men didn’t dare to speak at all. They couldn’t understand what the regent’s interests were, but right now, it would be best for them to not speak up against whatever was said, and just listen to the regent.

“From this day on, whatever His Majesty orders you to do, it must definitely be done beautifully. If it isn’t, then watch out for your head.” After saying this, the regent flung his sleeves and left. Mm, he needed to go find his little Emperor. He had left for such a long time, and he didn’t know whether his little Emperor missed him.