Chapter 33

Illusionary Mist Garrison, Mother
“Jesse…” Seeing Shao Qian walking away in the distance, Christine hastily called out. However, Vincent who was standing in the near distance, shot her a warning glance. It wasn’t easy for him to find a chance to get along with Jesse. How could he let this woman destroy it?
When Christine saw that dangerous man’s glance, she was immediately frightened, cold sweat forming on her body. How could she forget that the man called Centvin wasn’t weak? It was to the extent where he was probably stronger than her entire mercenary group. If he were to protect Jesse, there shouldn’t be any problems.
“He left.” Lucy had been continuously standing in the near distance. She simply didn’t come over, instead, watching as Shao Qian walked over to that blonde man’s side and left with him.
“Yeah.” Christine absent-mindedly opened the leather bag that Shao Qian gave to her and when she saw what was inside, she let out an alarmed cry. After that, as if she were a thief, she looked in all four directions. Seeing no one that was paying attention to her, she hurriedly closed the leather bag and pulled the puzzled Lucy beside her away.
“Christine? What’s wrong with you?” As Lucy felt sentimental due to Shao Qian leaving, even Christine who was acting mysterious wouldn’t be able to rouse her interest.
After Christine locked the door, she opened the leather bag. “Look at what Jesse gave us.”
Lucy peered into the leather bag and upon catching sight of the nine black scrolls, she cried out in alarm, “How could this be!?”
Alchemy scrolls were divided into four groups; white, black, silver and gold. White was the most ordinary scroll, whereas gold was known as the God-level scroll. In a time where alchemists were dwindling, black scrolls could only be found in auction houses. Moreover, they would reach prices as high as the heavens. She wouldn’t even dare to think about it. However, the item that she didn’t dare think about previously, she now had nine of them in her hands…
“Hurry up and keep them.” If these nine scrolls were to be seen by others, it couldn’t be certain that they wouldn’t want her life. Lucy and Christine were at a loss as they glanced at each other helplessly. Regarding their current abilities, they simply wouldn’t be able to protect this nine scrolls. It seemed like they wouldn’t be able to live up to Jesse’s kind intention.
“Jesse, what are we going to the Illusionary Mist Garrison for?” Jesse already haven’t talked to him properly for a few days and this made Vincent feel somewhat aggrieved. He had obviously established the contract, so why does Jesse not like paying attention to him?
“I’m a human-magic beast hybrid. My parents originally lived in the Illusionary Mist Garrison. I want to go to the Illusionary Mist Garrison to find the true reason for my father’s death.” Shao Qian didn’t mind telling Vincent the reason. Although he wasn’t clear on how he had crossed over and arrived here, so long as this man was Song Dao’s reincarnation, he would be completely at ease.
When Vincent heard Shao Qian’s explanation, he laughed foolishly. Jesse, baby, must definitely like him a lot. If not, then would he be able to tell him such an important thing?
However, the matter of his parents being killed that Jesse just spoke about, definitely had to be carefully checked. Only a holy-ranked magic beast that could turn into human form could leave the Illusionary Mist Forest. A holy-ranked magic beast was definitely stronger than a holy-ranked martial artist. How in the world could this sort of formidable being be killed?
“We’ll stay here and rest today and set off at once tomorrow morning.” Shao Qian closed the room door and windows before he turned into his magic beast form. He didn’t know whether it was due to his relationship to magic beasts in this world, but he always felt that his beast form was more comfortable and relaxing.
When Vincent saw Shao Qian had turned into his magic beast form, he stared straight ahead. He watched as the graceful black panther jumped nimbly onto the bed, before stretching its forepaws. Although it looks slim, there was a lot of explosive power in its waist…
Vincent’s adam apple bobbed up and down twice. He wore a fascinated smile as he took a few steps towards the side of the bed. His tongue licked at his somewhat dry lips. “J-Jesse.”
“What?” Shao Qian rested his chin on his two forepaws and closed his eyes to rest, his tail swaying comfortably in the air.
Vincent’s eyes travelled from Shao Qian’s waist to his swaying tail. His pair of eyes moved as they trailed after the tail’s swaying motion, and as if he had pulled a tendon, his hand twitched by his side. No one knew what he was thinking of when two streams of blood flowed down from his nose…
Animals were relatively sensitive to the smell of blood. When Shao Qian smelled blood, he hurriedly turned his head to look and upon seeing the blood coming out from Vincent’s nose, who was still smiling foolishly at him, the corners of his mouth twitched. “You… Scram and go clean up.”
Vincent immediately used his sleeve to wipe his nosebleed away. Looking at the bloodstain on the snow white cuff, his brows creased before he used a purification scroll to clean himself. Like this, it could be said that he completed the task.
Seeing that Vincent’s nosebleed had stopped, Shao Qian also turned his head back and ignored him. However, the tail that was originally swaying around willfully was now tucked into the blanket. Conveniently, he also used his tail to cover his butt with the blanket. He really couldn’t bear Vincent gazing at him with burning eyes. He was in beast form right now, but towards this form, he was actually sexually aroused. Was his preferences too serious?
Whether Vincent saw Jesse’s beast form or human form, there would always be a great appeal. It was to the extent where the beast form felt more enticing to him. After all… the beast form didn’t have any clothes, right? If he wanted to see something, wouldn’t he be able to see it?
Shao Qian was unaware that he had already been violated by Vincent’s line of sight. It was also fortunate that he didn’t know, if not then he would definitely give Vincent two big slap on his face. This is really worthy of celebration, congratulations.
The next morning, the two men left the hotel. This caused Christine’s mercenary group, that had discussed for the whole night and decided to return to scrolls in the end, jump at thin air.
The speed of Shao Qian and Vincent couldn’t be said to be slow. After half an hour, the two men had already swiftly arrived at the Illusionary Mist Garrison. Under the system’s guidance, they found where Jesse and his parents had originally lived. Unexpectedly, there was actually still someone residing in there.
Shao Qian was at a loss. If there was someone residing there, wouldn’t he be unable to investigate anything?
Just as Shao Qian was debating whether or not to knock on the door, it was opened from the inside. A woman wearing a white dress walked out and upon seeing the two men standing in the doorway, she was stunned. “You…”
“Hello, madam.” Shao Qian was still at a loss on how to inquire about his matter appropriately. It seemed that the Illusionary Mist Garrison had a strange rule. Unowned houses would be distributed by the mayor. Therefore, he was wondering whether this lady had been officially assigned to live here?
“Are… Are you Jesse?” That woman was somewhat agitated as she suddenly stepped forward, however, she wasn’t able to get close to Shao Qian before she was stopped by Vincent.
“You are?” Shao Qian hadn’t come to the Illusionary Mist Garrison for ten year. Normally, this place shouldn’t have anyone that knew him.
“Jesse, my child. I’m your mummy!” When the woman heard Shao Qian’s reply, she immediately became emotional. She instantly moved pass the obstructing Vincent and pulled Shao Qian into a hug. “My pitiful child, mummy finally waited until you came back.”
Seeing the woman hugging Shao Qian, Vincent’s face became gloomy. He had clearly felt the woman’s formidable strength in a mere instant just now. Her dodging pass him wasn’t by chance. The steps that looked simple were in fact terrifyingly fast.
If it was the genuine Jesse, perhaps he would have been deceived by the woman’s tears. However, Shao Qian wasn’t the genuine Jesse. Though it was true that he didn’t avoid it, that didn’t mean that he was completely unprepared.
Moreover, when the woman had dodged pass Vincent, he had already felt that this woman wasn’t so simple. Furthermore…
The holy-ranked magic beast father had died, yet why could the ordinary mother still survive?
“Sorry, mummy is too happy.” When the woman saw that Shao Qian didn’t have any reaction, she released him before trying to explain in a hurry, “I… I was only too happy. M-Mummy always thought that you and your father…. As long as you’re alright, then it’s fine.”
“Can you tell me what happened at that time?” Shao Qian wore a gentle smile as he wiped away the woman’s tears. “When I woke up, I realised that I was in a forest. As I couldn’t find the exit, I could only live inside the forest. It was only until I met Centvin, did he bring me out.”
The woman swept her eyes obscurely past Vincent, before revealing a pained expression as she patted Shao Qianz “Good child, let’s go into the house and talk. You must be tired, mummy will make something for you to eat first.”
Hearing these words, Shao Qian rubbed his stomach. “I’ll trouble you then.”
“You don’t need to be so polite to mummy.” The woman smiled thinly before ushering the two men through the gate, and locking it naturally.
Entering the courtyard, the first thing the two men did was look around the place. Within the courtyard, there weren’t little flower or plants, and there was even a cluster of the rare ‘Moon Blossoms’ flower. This flower only bloomed on the night of a full moon. Furthermore, it didn’t matter if the climate was cold or hot, it would always bloom. And each time, it would only bloom for a few seconds.
This flower was very expensive and nobility wouldn’t necessarily have even a stalk. It was unexpected that within this small courtyard, there would actually be a cluster of over ten stalks planted.
“Previously, your father liked to sit there and look at the Moon Blossoms.” The woman recalled as she looked at the cluster of Moon Blossoms. “It’s just that these past years, there was only me to look at them.”
Shao Qian looked at the stone bench next to the Moon Blossoms and raised a brow. This Moon Blossom had appeared once in the plotline. However, it wasn’t anything good. This name ‘Moon Blossom’ was very beautiful. When it bloomed, it was also very pretty. It was actually a poisonous flower though, or more specifically, a flower that was poisonous to magic beasts.
He didn’t believe that his father, as a holy-ranked magic beast, didn’t know that Moon Blossom was dangerous to him.
“These past years, whenever I thought about you and your father, I would also sit here.” The woman wiped her moist eyes and smiled with difficulty. “Look at me saying these kind of things. You guys take a sit first, I’ll go get something to drink.”