Chapter 28

The Male Lead Who Was Chased Away

Right now, as Shao Qian was pretending to be unconscious, he didn’t dare speak. He was brought back to the treehouse by the treant Pein, but as even amidst the many high-ranked magic beasts, none had the power to transform, there was no choice but to directly place him into the treehouse. Fortunately, he thought, the treehouse still had the ‘toy’ that the little cub brought back.

Vincent had been standing by the treehouse door from start to end, waiting for Shao Qian to return. He couldn’t help being worried if Jesse and that cub would meet any trouble when going out. It looks like his worries had become reality though…

Because, in the entire Illusionary Mist Forest, there suddenly appeared another strong pressure. This pressure didn’t have that much of an effect on humans, however, his heart kept going ‘badump badump’. He felt that this situation had something to do with Jesse… Was it just him?

When that cub’s howl ended, he saw two trees in the near distant move, pulling out their roots as they walked in a direction. But the treants’ speed were somewhat slow, so as they walked, there were already many magic beasts that had rushed past them.

Not much time had passed before those two treants returned, a crowd of magic beasts following behind them. He seemed to be able to see a person lying against the tree trunk. When Vincent saw the person’s figure, he felt his strength vanish.

Oh Light God above, please tell him that the one lying against the tree trunk isn’t his Jesse. When his Jesse left, he was still healthy and active. How could he be so heavily injured that the treant had to carry him back?

“Human child, please help me get my child up there.” The treant Pein carefully raised Shao Qian up to Vincent using his soft leaves.

Looking at Shao Qian’s back injury, Vincent’s eyes stinged. He just left a while ago, how is he hurt? How could he get hurt?
Although, in his heart he was complaining to an extent, Vincent still hastily received the person with utmost care and laid him down on the soft animal fur. Looking at the wound that was deep until bone could be seen on the other’s back, Vincent’s face turned frighteningly cold. This was a wound caused by an epee lined with Fighting qi . It looks like the one that gave Jesse this injury could only the martial artist that along with him this time, Balon.

Vincent gritted his teeth as he spat out this name. He definitely wouldn’t let Balon off. He would let him taste the world’s most cruelest punishment and allow him to understand the consequences of hurting Jesse.

Vincent didn’t know what was wrong with him, he only knew that whoever hurt Jesse must die. Obviously… Obviously he had only met him for a single day, right? Why did he get the kind of feeling that Jesse and him were meant to be together, and only together?

“How is he?” The treant Pein watched as that human youth stared continuously at his cub’s back and became anxious. Was there anything wrong? Staring at his cub’s injured back, what could that be regarded as?

Vincent regained awareness when the treant spoke. He hurriedly maneuvered his light magic to cover his hands, intending on treating Jesse. However, from start to end, the light magic was not willing to touch Jesse’s body. This made Vincent to be at a complete loss. “W-Why can’t my light magic touch Jesse?”

The treant Pein watched Vincent’s anxiousness and fell silent for a moment, before a tree branch pointed at the space ring that was hung around Shao Qian’s neck. “Jesse’s space ring doesn’t have any restrictions, take out some potions from there and let him drink it.”

Vincent followed the treant’s instruction. He took out all the potions inside the ring, before once again adhering to the Treant’s instruction as he gave Shao Qian a red potion to drink. This potion was completely different from the potion that Vincent was fed. The medicine that Vincent had originally drank had been left behind in the space ring by its previous owner. As for the one that Shao Qian was drinking right now, it was one that Shao Qian had personally brewed and was only consumable by magic beasts.